Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) recently announced that its newly appointed designated overhaul facilities (DOF) Dallas Airmotive Inc. and H+S Aviation Limited (Booth 3700 at HELI-EXPO) will be fully operational in early 2015 providing maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) for turboshaft engines. Dallas Airmotive is located in Dallas, Texas, while H+S Aviation is in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Both Dallas Airmotive and H+S Aviation are subsidiaries of BBA Aviation plc.
The new facilities will enable P&WC to increase its global support network for turboshaft engine families and bring the company closer to its customers in North America and the Middle East. In North America, Dallas Airmotive is now providing MRO support for P&WC’s PW206 and PW207 engine families and will add the PW210 engine family by the end of 2015, whereas H+S Aviation will soon perform MRO on P&WC’s PT6C-67, PW206 and PW207 engines and add the PW210 engine family later this year. In 2016, it will also have capabilities for PT6T engines.
“Proximity to a strong customer support network is a key consideration for operators when selecting an aircraft and engine, so we are always looking for ways to enhance service delivery and make support easily within reach anywhere in the world,” said John Di Bert, Vice President, Customer Service, P&WC.
In addition to having the global resources and expertise to support P&WC’s turboshaft engine customers, BBA Aviation has been providing MRO services to P&WC for more than 50 years; in 1964, Dallas Airmotive became P&WC’s first DOF for the PT6A engine.
“With a support history that dates back more than five decades, starting with P&WC’s iconic PT6A, we are thrilled to begin the next chapter of P&WC customer support for the expanding turboshaft engine market,” said Peg Billson, President and CEO, BBA Aviation Aftermarket Services.
P&WC is continually optimizing its global footprint and further leveraging its service centres and network of DOFs, as well as partnerships, to offer outstanding MRO services to its customers.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee