Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) recently announced that its newly appointed designated overhaul facilities (DOF) Dallas Airmotive Inc. and H+S Aviation Limited (Booth 3700 at HELI-EXPO) will be fully operational in early 2015 providing maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) for turboshaft engines. Dallas Airmotive is located in Dallas, Texas, while H+S Aviation is in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Both Dallas Airmotive and H+S Aviation are subsidiaries of BBA Aviation plc.
The new facilities will enable P&WC to increase its global support network for turboshaft engine families and bring the company closer to its customers in North America and the Middle East. In North America, Dallas Airmotive is now providing MRO support for P&WC’s PW206 and PW207 engine families and will add the PW210 engine family by the end of 2015, whereas H+S Aviation will soon perform MRO on P&WC’s PT6C-67, PW206 and PW207 engines and add the PW210 engine family later this year. In 2016, it will also have capabilities for PT6T engines.
“Proximity to a strong customer support network is a key consideration for operators when selecting an aircraft and engine, so we are always looking for ways to enhance service delivery and make support easily within reach anywhere in the world,” said John Di Bert, Vice President, Customer Service, P&WC.
In addition to having the global resources and expertise to support P&WC’s turboshaft engine customers, BBA Aviation has been providing MRO services to P&WC for more than 50 years; in 1964, Dallas Airmotive became P&WC’s first DOF for the PT6A engine.
“With a support history that dates back more than five decades, starting with P&WC’s iconic PT6A, we are thrilled to begin the next chapter of P&WC customer support for the expanding turboshaft engine market,” said Peg Billson, President and CEO, BBA Aviation Aftermarket Services.
P&WC is continually optimizing its global footprint and further leveraging its service centres and network of DOFs, as well as partnerships, to offer outstanding MRO services to its customers.
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- PHI enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- UK AAIB Bulletin – March 2019
- Smart heli-hook helps raise angel to realm of glory
- Astronautics introduces IBEX™ family
- Sterling Launches New Version of QuickOnline Mobile App
- IMT Vislink showcases updated AVDS System
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- Helicentre announces scholarship winners
- PhilJets orders 3 Bell 505 Helicopters
- HAI Partners with JSfirm.com to Address Shortage