Rolls-Royce and Robinson Helicopter Company have signed a new, 10-year agreement to supply at least 1,000 RR300 engines to power R66 aircraft.
The Rolls-Royce RR300 has been the exclusive engine on Robinson’s R66 gas-turbine helicopter since it entered service in 2010. Rolls-Royce has delivered more than 800 RR300 engines to meet the growing global demand for the R66.
Jason Propes, Rolls-Royce, Senior Vice President, Helicopters, said, “The Rolls-Royce RR300 engine has proven itself in the field as a reliable, economical powerplant with over 275,000 flight hours. We are thrilled to continue our long-standing relationship with Robinson Helicopter and secure the RR300 on their versatile R66 aircraft for the next decade.”
Kurt Robinson, President, Robinson Helicopters, said, “Robinson Helicopter Company, Inc. is pleased with the commitments we have made with Rolls-Royce and the RR300 engine. With 600 helicopters in the field and proven reliability, the RR300 engine is the perfect choice for the R66.”
Designed as a replacement for piston engines in light helicopters and general aviation aircraft, the RR300 engine is optimized for performance in the 240 – 300 shp power range. The engine has a certified multi-fuel capability and proven turbine engine responsiveness, smoothness and worry-free reliability.
A maintenance philosophy of a 2000-hour Preventative Maintenance Inspection (PMI) has been incorporated to assure dependable power and predictable performance for the owner/operator. RR300 operators are supported by a global network of Rolls-Royce authorized service providers.
The RR300 engine was developed from the legacy of the trusted Rolls-Royce M250 engine line, which has topped 235 million flight hours from more than 31,000 engines delivered to the marketplace. M250 engines have powered more than 100 aircraft types and about 15,000 are in service around the world in civilian and military use.
- Rotorcorp stops support for Skurka Aerospace and Aviall RR300 Starter Generators for R66
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 09-Jan-20 N450MC Robinson R66 Silver Spring Township, US-Pennsylvania (2F)
- Robinson R66 Turbine Surpasses 1 Million Flight Hours
- Robinson Offers NEW R66 Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- Canada approves Simplex spray system for Robinson R66
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Transport Canada Approves R66 Cargo Hook
- Mornington-Sanford Aviation run world-first R66 Part 147 B2 Course
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Armenian Helicopters Certified to start Operations
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; Aircraft arrives Birgunj Custom