Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. announced today that an S-76D™ helicopter will embark on an international demonstration tour beginning next week in Southeast Asia. The announcement was made at Sikorsky’s booth at the 2015 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo show. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The aircraft will conduct a series of events in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. Sikorsky pilots, crew and sales members will provide in-flight demonstrations, product presentations, aircraft walk-arounds and answer any questions on the S-76D helicopter from attendees. Sikorsky employees will also participate in goodwill events.
“The domestic leg of the tour was an excellent opportunity to showcase this world-class aircraft to our current and future customers,” said Christophe Nurit, Regional Executive, Asia. “We now are taking the next step and bringing the product to our potential customers abroad who will receive a hands-on experience to appreciate how beneficial the S-76D helicopter can be to their business.”
Sikorsky has delivered more than 800 S-76® helicopters to customers globally since 1979, contributing daily to a growing 6.6-million-plus fleet flight hours total.
The new generation S-76D helicopter, through its application of modern technologies, is designed to provide a substantial increase in performance, power and value. The S-76D helicopter’s baseline equipment includes powerful and efficient Pratt & Whitney Canada PW210S engines; an advanced THALES TopDeck® integrated avionics system and four-axis autopilot; Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) incorporated into fleet monitoring and analysis; active vibration control; and all-composite, flaw-tolerant main rotor blades.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Connecticut, is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries.
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- 26-Jan-20 N72EX Sikorsky S76B Calabasas, US-California (9F)
- DAC International launch ADS-B Out solution for Sikorsky S76
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract