The helicopter industry will be introduced to the newest edition of the Airbus Helicopters EC145 platform, the EC145e, at HELI-EXPO 2015. Metro Aviation recently configured what they call the “e-lite” for display at the largest helicopter exhibition in the world.
Combining the well-known features of the EC145, such as the large cabin and reliability, with the benefits of a simplified avionics systems and completed with dedicated mission equipment, the affordable and light twin helicopter is well suited for air medical, law enforcement, utility, offshore oil & gas and other missions.
“This is the perfect aircraft for a wide range of customers,” says Metro Managing Director Milton Geltz. “Our completion center can configure it for a variety of missions, and the price point of the EC145e is going to be in line with the majority of helicopter operators’ budgets.”
“The EC145e takes a proven aircraft, with proven performance and proven capability, but it comes at a lower cost of acquisition and operation that will add incremental value for customers in a variety of market segments,” said Treg Manning, Vice President, Sales & Marketing for Airbus Helicopters Inc.
The versatile EC145e includes a Single Pilot VFR glass cockpit featuring the Garmin G500H and GTN 650 GPS and communication system. It has a maximum takeoff weight of 7,903 lbs., the same as the EC145 C2 variant, but the useful load is increased by as much as 330 lbs. The aircraft can seat up to 11 passengers, based on the chosen configuration.
A lot of the heavier components found in the traditional EC145 have been removed from this aircraft,” Geltz said. “Metro has engineered newer and lighter configurations. Reduced operating cost achieved by simplifying the systems is also a benefit. With its light weight, increased useful load and competitive price, we plan to book several completions in 2015.”
The EC145e will be on display at Metro Aviation’s HELI-EXPO Booth, #2428, March 3-5. Following HELI-EXPO, Airbus and Metro Aviation will take the aircraft on tour to demonstrate its capabilities to North American operators.
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Airbus will only sell you a five-blade H145 now
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- UK Military Flying Training System to add four Airbus H145s
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- Christoph 51 has been used more than 25,000 times in 30 years
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment