DAC International, a Greenwich AeroGroup company, announced today that it recently completed vibration testing of its popular GDC64 iPad Tablet Interface Unit with Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation.
The GDC64 iPad Tablet Interface Unit transfers information from Sikorsky’s S-92® helicopter to the Flight Calculator Application iPad Function. Sikorsky announced at the 2014 Helicopter Association International’s Heli-Expo Show that it had launched the company’s first iPad flight application for Sikorsky’s commercial S-92® helicopter platform. Known as iFly Sikorsky™, the application replicates common performance calculations described in the S-92 Rotorcraft Flight Manual.
In addition to performance calculations, iFly Sikorsky also has a configuration and weight and balance calculator utility. When initializing the application, an operator’s Sikorsky360.com user credentials are validated. Sikorsky360® is a proprietary online support capability with more than 4,000 registered users worldwide.
DAC worked with Sikorsky Aircraft to test the GDC64 to the requirements of DO-160G section 8 Category U Curve G2 to meet the rigorous demands of the helicopter market.
“We performed the tests per the DO-160G specification and it passed with no issues or anomalies,” said DAC International’s Vice President of Manufacturing and Engineering Rick Horne.
The vibration tests were conducted in Texas at the Professional Test (EMI) Inc., Round Rock, test facility.
About DAC International
DAC International, a Greenwich AeroGroup company, is a worldwide distributor of avionics, test equipment, and data converters for general, corporate, military, regional and commercial aircraft. The company has an FAA approved manufacturing and development facility, holding several Supplemental Type Certificates, Parts Manufacturer Approvals and Technical Standard Orders. Products are compliant with DO-160, MIL-STD-810C and MIL-STD-461F. Manufactured goods containing software meet the objectives of DO-178B, Levels A, B, C, D or E. For more information, go to www.dacint.com
About Greenwich AeroGroup
Greenwich AeroGroup Inc., owns and operates providers of general, commercial, government and military aviation services including: maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; fixed base operations; aircraft sales, charter and management; manufacturing; component repair and overhaul; parts distribution. Current locations include: Aero Precision Industries, located in Livermore, Calif.; DAC International, located in Austin, Texas; Professional Aircraft Accessories, located in Titusville, Fla.; Professional Aviation Associates, located in Atlanta, Ga.; NASAM, located in South San Francisco, Calif.; Summit Aviation, located in Middletown, Del.; TruAtlantic Mfg., located in Kernersville, N.C.; and Western Aircraft, located in Boise, Idaho. Additionally, Greenwich AeroGroup owns an interest in Helivia Aero Taxi located in Rio de Janeiro. News and information are available at www.greenwichaerogroup.com.
About Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Connecticut, is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries. www.sikorsky.com
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream
- Babcock Offshore secures new North Sea helicopter contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance base gets green light