Northwest Helicopters, LLC, the largest helicopter company in the state of Washington, will be expanding its Quantum Control MRO and Logistics software footprint to include the integration of StockMarket, and the addition of manufacturing for Mechanical Specialties, LLC, a subsidiary that will manufacture the Bell model 505 cargo hook. Northwest Helicopters, located at the Olympia Airport in Olympia, WA, is a Bell Platinum Customer Service Facility and MD Helicopter Service Center providing parts, service, and component overhauls for all models, and a specialist in the overhaul and refurbishment of the Bell UH-1H helicopter.
“We initially selected Quantum because it offers a complete system to manage all of our business needs – from the diversity of our rotorcraft, to aircraft tracking, orders and accounting – and the ability to easily grow with us as our needs expand,” commented Jeff Winner, Director of Maintenance at Northwest Helicopters. “With this new contract from Bell, the work we’re doing at Mechanical Specialties will also be managed through Quantum’s manufacturing module, which integrates seamlessly with the other modules we are using.”
Quantum’s Manufacturing Module is a powerful, yet easy to use application that addresses all aspects of the manufacturing process including product lines, floor control, inspections, materials planning, purchasing and outside servicing.
Continued Winner, “As we move into 2015, our infrastructure is set up to support taking our extensive
inventory online so we’re eager to integrate that part of our business using StockMarket.aero. It will automate and greatly simplify the buying and selling process for both ourselves and for our customers.”
Quantum Control is a fully integrated business software solution. Developed specifically for aviation MRO and Logistics organizations, it promotes best practices and improves business processes with a single database integrated solution that can be flexibly deployed as a dedicated in-house system, or be hosted via a third-party cloud. Quantum Control’s personalized configuration settings provide individual users with an intuitive interface which improves the bottom line through optimized productivity. As a powerful, affordable and scalable solution, Quantum Control extends across the supply chain using its built-in web services fully integrated with www.StockMarket.aero.
The Quantum Control MRO and Logistics solution installed at Northwest Helicopters operates on a highly scalable and secure OracleTM database and includes a range of logistics and business modules. For more information on the specific modules purchased by Northwest Helicopters, please see appendix one below.
For more information on Quantum Control please visit the Component Control team at HAI Heli-Expo 2015, March 2nd and 3rd in Orlando, FL, booth 4214. For more information on Northwest Helicopters or Mechanical Specialties, LLC, visit booth 4867.
About Northwest Helicopters, LLC
Northwest Helicopters, an F.A.A. Certified Repair Station, has been serving the helicopter industry since 1978. Based in Olympia, Washington, Northwest Helicopters offers a variety of services to companies looking for productive and effective results in their current and future projects. With our wide choice of helicopters, we can perform a variety of tasks and we are a company committed to safety and service. Our pilots, mechanics, and ground personnel receive ongoing training on operations, safety, and worker protection. We are truly a service-oriented operation. Our friendly staff is dedicated to providing personal service and care from our office staff to our flight department. We will do our best to accommodate all your helicopter needs, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information, please visit www.nwhelicopters.com
About Component Control
Component Control, based in San Diego, Calif., is a leading developer and provider of MRO and Logistics Software solutions for the aviation industry. Its core product, Quantum Control, provides advanced aviation management support to original equipment manufacturers, aftermarket service divisions, component repair and overhaul companies, fixed base operators, aircraft completion centers, airlines, MRO facilities, and part distribution / redistribution companies. Quantum is installed in over 50 countries and can be deployed as a single-site or multinational solution.
Stockmarket.aero, also from Component Control, is an online aviation parts trading marketplace giving users access to a comprehensive search engine that includes parts in stock, MRO capabilities and part alternatives. StockMarket.aero currently lists over 100 million qualified line items of inventory and capability from over 3,000 aircraft parts vendors.Component Control won the ‘Best IT Software Provider’ category in the Aircraft Technology Engineering and Maintenance Awards.
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid