It’s been an exciting start to Day 1 of Heli-Expo 2015 in Orlando today and Garmin has sure been busy showcasing several new products, which are tailored to helicopter operators. With all of the new and exciting announcements made today, it’s hard to cover them all but here’s what you missed so far today:
Helicopter Integrated Flight Decks
Walking through Heli-Expo 2015 today, you’re sure to see a number of helicopters equipped with Garmin’s G500H glass flight display, as well as the G1000H and G5000H Integrated Flight Decks. These Garmin avionics put more information in front of the pilot, enhancing situational awareness and providing an unprecedented level of safety for these operators. While you’re walking the show, be sure to peek inside each and every helicopter to see just how incredible (and beautiful!) these avionics look!
Helicopter Synthetic Vision Technology (HSVT)
Speaking of beautiful displays, Garmin uses sophisticated graphics modeling as an optional upgrade to the G500H, G1000H and G5000H to enhance visual orientation. HSVT recreates a virtual topographic landscape utilizing the terrain database, offering helicopter pilots a visual representation of topography, water features, obstacles and more on the Primary Flight Display (PFD).
Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS)
Added safety is important for all pilots. Available on our GNS and GTN navigators, HTAWS continuously works in the background to monitor terrain and obstacles in the vicinity of your helicopter. If needed, these alerts display on the GNS, GTN, on the PFD of the G500H or remote annunciator. A pilot selectable configuration enables voice callouts while HTAWS offers 5-color terrain and obstacle shading on the appropriate display, enhancing overall situational awareness.
There’s a lot to see today at Heli-Expo 2015 and these are just a few highlights to check out! While you’re here, be sure to stop by and say ‘Hi!’ to Garmin in booth #809 and stay tuned for additional updates from the show tomorrow!
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey