North Flight Data Systems, LLC (NORTH), now a department of Outerlink Global Solution, has received Transport Canada approval of their AS350/EC130 FAA STC for the installation of their lightweight flight data recorders. The first Canadian installations of the integrated flight data system will be performed on the EC130 and AS350, owned and operated by Phoenix Heli-Flight in Ft.McMurray.
The flight data system is comprised of a Voice and Video Recorder (CV2R), Multi-function Data Acquisition Unit (MFDAU) and Quick Access Recorder (QAR). The NORTH system is the first affordable Lightweight Aircraft Recorder System (LARS) that is fully integrated into the Airbus helicopters and records both engine and airframe parameters. The system has been STC’d on seven
different helicopter models and has been installed in over 175 aircraft.
The agreement with Phoenix Heli-Flight includes the upgrade to the new integrated Outerlink IRIS satcom system powered by ViaSat. The new IRIS system will incorporate the first commercial rotorcraft use of real-time situational awareness technology. This will allow customers to receive 10-second position
reports, which include immediate alerts and warnings about aircraft condition and operation. The new IP network allows for an uninterrupted connection and gives customers constant access to their aircraft including global push-to-talk (PTT) radio capability. Contacting a helicopter will be as easy as dialing an office extension.
For more information about Outerlink Global Solutions and North Flight Data Systems, visit Booth 4232 at HELI-EXPO 2015.
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- FAA approves five-blade Airbus H145
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- Brazil’s Federal Highway Police orders six AW119s
- Elbit win $96M Contract for a Rotary-Wing Mission Training Center
- Leonardo to add extra baggage pod to AW189
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts