North Flight Data Systems, LLC (NORTH), now a department of Outerlink Global Solution, has received Transport Canada approval of their AS350/EC130 FAA STC for the installation of their lightweight flight data recorders. The first Canadian installations of the integrated flight data system will be performed on the EC130 and AS350, owned and operated by Phoenix Heli-Flight in Ft.McMurray.
The flight data system is comprised of a Voice and Video Recorder (CV2R), Multi-function Data Acquisition Unit (MFDAU) and Quick Access Recorder (QAR). The NORTH system is the first affordable Lightweight Aircraft Recorder System (LARS) that is fully integrated into the Airbus helicopters and records both engine and airframe parameters. The system has been STC’d on seven
different helicopter models and has been installed in over 175 aircraft.
The agreement with Phoenix Heli-Flight includes the upgrade to the new integrated Outerlink IRIS satcom system powered by ViaSat. The new IRIS system will incorporate the first commercial rotorcraft use of real-time situational awareness technology. This will allow customers to receive 10-second position
reports, which include immediate alerts and warnings about aircraft condition and operation. The new IP network allows for an uninterrupted connection and gives customers constant access to their aircraft including global push-to-talk (PTT) radio capability. Contacting a helicopter will be as easy as dialing an office extension.
For more information about Outerlink Global Solutions and North Flight Data Systems, visit Booth 4232 at HELI-EXPO 2015.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award