North Flight Data Systems, LLC (NORTH), now a department of Outerlink Global Solution, has received Transport Canada approval of their AS350/EC130 FAA STC for the installation of their lightweight flight data recorders. The first Canadian installations of the integrated flight data system will be performed on the EC130 and AS350, owned and operated by Phoenix Heli-Flight in Ft.McMurray.
The flight data system is comprised of a Voice and Video Recorder (CV2R), Multi-function Data Acquisition Unit (MFDAU) and Quick Access Recorder (QAR). The NORTH system is the first affordable Lightweight Aircraft Recorder System (LARS) that is fully integrated into the Airbus helicopters and records both engine and airframe parameters. The system has been STC’d on seven
different helicopter models and has been installed in over 175 aircraft.
The agreement with Phoenix Heli-Flight includes the upgrade to the new integrated Outerlink IRIS satcom system powered by ViaSat. The new IRIS system will incorporate the first commercial rotorcraft use of real-time situational awareness technology. This will allow customers to receive 10-second position
reports, which include immediate alerts and warnings about aircraft condition and operation. The new IP network allows for an uninterrupted connection and gives customers constant access to their aircraft including global push-to-talk (PTT) radio capability. Contacting a helicopter will be as easy as dialing an office extension.
For more information about Outerlink Global Solutions and North Flight Data Systems, visit Booth 4232 at HELI-EXPO 2015.
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals