North Flight Data Systems, LLC (NORTH), now a department of Outerlink Global Solution, has received Transport Canada approval of their AS350/EC130 FAA STC for the installation of their lightweight flight data recorders. The first Canadian installations of the integrated flight data system will be performed on the EC130 and AS350, owned and operated by Phoenix Heli-Flight in Ft.McMurray.
The flight data system is comprised of a Voice and Video Recorder (CV2R), Multi-function Data Acquisition Unit (MFDAU) and Quick Access Recorder (QAR). The NORTH system is the first affordable Lightweight Aircraft Recorder System (LARS) that is fully integrated into the Airbus helicopters and records both engine and airframe parameters. The system has been STC’d on seven
different helicopter models and has been installed in over 175 aircraft.
The agreement with Phoenix Heli-Flight includes the upgrade to the new integrated Outerlink IRIS satcom system powered by ViaSat. The new IRIS system will incorporate the first commercial rotorcraft use of real-time situational awareness technology. This will allow customers to receive 10-second position
reports, which include immediate alerts and warnings about aircraft condition and operation. The new IP network allows for an uninterrupted connection and gives customers constant access to their aircraft including global push-to-talk (PTT) radio capability. Contacting a helicopter will be as easy as dialing an office extension.
For more information about Outerlink Global Solutions and North Flight Data Systems, visit Booth 4232 at HELI-EXPO 2015.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point