FRASCA International, Inc., Urbana, IL has been contracted to provide a Bell 206L Level 7 Flight Training Device (FTD) to Air Evac Lifeteam, O’Fallon, Missouri. The FTD will be an FAA Level 7 Bell 206L with Garmin G500H, Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS, HTAWS, and Garmin GTN650. It will also feature Frasca’s high-fidelity NVG simulation for the ultimate realism and accuracy in NVG training.
Air Evac is also the launch customer for FRASCA’s new TruCue™, a newly developed simulator cueing and vibration system which provides critical vestibular feedback to the pilots. This system makes the simulator fly more realistically and allows the pilot to naturally react to flight motion cues while training. TruCue™ consists of a 6 Degree of Freedom (6DoF) motion base optimized for helicopter simulation and is based on technology used in FRASCA’s Level D Full Flight Simulators that has been adapted for smaller facilities and tighter budgets. In addition to this FTD, Air Evac operates a FRASCA TruFlite™ H342.
“In 2005, Air Evac Lifeteam was way ahead of the times and regulations in the HEMS industry when they purchased their first FRASCA TruFlite™ H342. This underlies their long commitment to training for the safety of their crews and patients. With this new device, they will be able to increase the capacity and realism of their training to an unprecedented level. This device will keep Air Evac Lifeteam on the very leading edge of technology and training in simulation, again demonstrating their continued commitment to go above and beyond in their pilot training. With all of the new HEMS requirements for aircraft equipment and training, the new FRASCA level 7 206 FTD will keep Air Evac positioned in the very front of their industry. We are proud to be their trusted Supplier of choice when it comes to helicopter flight simulation and support them in their goals of reducing aircraft accidents and improving safety through high quality training.” -Stated John Frasca, President, FRASCA International.
About Air Evac Lifeteam: Air Evac Lifeteam, an air medical service, provides rapid access to definitive health care for those who live in medically underserved areas. Air Evac Lifeteam currently operates 117 bases in 15 states. For more information, please visit http://www.lifeteam.net
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO