FRASCA International, Inc., Urbana, IL has been contracted to provide a Bell 206L Level 7 Flight Training Device (FTD) to Air Evac Lifeteam, O’Fallon, Missouri. The FTD will be an FAA Level 7 Bell 206L with Garmin G500H, Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS, HTAWS, and Garmin GTN650. It will also feature Frasca’s high-fidelity NVG simulation for the ultimate realism and accuracy in NVG training.
Air Evac is also the launch customer for FRASCA’s new TruCue™, a newly developed simulator cueing and vibration system which provides critical vestibular feedback to the pilots. This system makes the simulator fly more realistically and allows the pilot to naturally react to flight motion cues while training. TruCue™ consists of a 6 Degree of Freedom (6DoF) motion base optimized for helicopter simulation and is based on technology used in FRASCA’s Level D Full Flight Simulators that has been adapted for smaller facilities and tighter budgets. In addition to this FTD, Air Evac operates a FRASCA TruFlite™ H342.
“In 2005, Air Evac Lifeteam was way ahead of the times and regulations in the HEMS industry when they purchased their first FRASCA TruFlite™ H342. This underlies their long commitment to training for the safety of their crews and patients. With this new device, they will be able to increase the capacity and realism of their training to an unprecedented level. This device will keep Air Evac Lifeteam on the very leading edge of technology and training in simulation, again demonstrating their continued commitment to go above and beyond in their pilot training. With all of the new HEMS requirements for aircraft equipment and training, the new FRASCA level 7 206 FTD will keep Air Evac positioned in the very front of their industry. We are proud to be their trusted Supplier of choice when it comes to helicopter flight simulation and support them in their goals of reducing aircraft accidents and improving safety through high quality training.” -Stated John Frasca, President, FRASCA International.
About Air Evac Lifeteam: Air Evac Lifeteam, an air medical service, provides rapid access to definitive health care for those who live in medically underserved areas. Air Evac Lifeteam currently operates 117 bases in 15 states. For more information, please visit http://www.lifeteam.net
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport