The Ministry of Agriculture, Food and the Environment (Magrama) awarded contracts to INAER for four of the five helicopters providing firefighting, surveillance and forest fire coordination services for the 2015 winter-spring season. This service will remain active during the months of March, April and part of May.
The aircraft resources for this new contract include four Bell 412 transport helicopters that can carry six people and a cargo load of 900-1,000 litres each. These four helicopters will be stationed at air bases in Pino Franqueado, Ruente, Tabuyo del Monte, and Tineo.
INAER can boast the extensive experience and expertise of its flight crews and aircraft maintenance technicians in the field of fire prevention and firefighting.
In 2014, INAER aircraft conducted over 3,700 firefighting operations, for a total of 6,216 hours in-flight. During the past firefighting season, INAER España had over 85 aircraft equipped with the most sophisticated resources for this type of activity, resulting in a record low number of fires and affected areas for the past ten years.
The importance and effectiveness of helicopters and airplanes in firefighting is yet another reason justifying the expansion of resources dedicated to fire prevention and firefighting activities.
- 25-Oct-19 FAC0006 Bell 412 Albán, Colombia (6F)
- Canada to extend life of Armed Forces Bell 412 fleet
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Montenegrin Air Force adds three Bell 412s
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Nigerian Air Force launches second Bell 412
- New developments for the Bell 412
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- Milestone leases two Bell 412s to FAASA for firefighting
- Norwegian Bell helicopters to be maintained by Patria
- Dart updates landing gear approvals for Bell 412 higher gross weight
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- FlightSafety expands initial NVG training to B212/B412 and Airbus H135
- Bell commercial deliveries 35% down in 2016