Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today issued the following statement regarding the death of California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) Pilot Jerold “Jerry” Bonner:
“Anne and I were saddened to learn of the death of CAL FIRE Forestry Fire Pilot Jerry Bonner. We extend our deepest condolences to his family, friends and coworkers as they deal with their loss.”
Pilot Bonner, 72, of Helendale, was found deceased inside his barracks on Friday while on duty at CAL FIRE’s Alma Helitack Base.
Pilot Bonner served with CAL FIRE as a helicopter pilot for nearly 16 years and was a U.S. Navy veteran.
He is survived by wife Emma Bonner, son Christian Bonner, daughter Liza Weber and son-in-law Darren Weber, granddaughter Maisy Weber, his sister Nancy Bonner-Benson and stepdaughter Billie Herndon, stepsons Kirk Kervin and Anthony Kervin and stepdaughter Jonnie Meinger.
In honor of Pilot Bonner, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020