Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today issued the following statement regarding the death of California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) Pilot Jerold “Jerry” Bonner:
“Anne and I were saddened to learn of the death of CAL FIRE Forestry Fire Pilot Jerry Bonner. We extend our deepest condolences to his family, friends and coworkers as they deal with their loss.”
Pilot Bonner, 72, of Helendale, was found deceased inside his barracks on Friday while on duty at CAL FIRE’s Alma Helitack Base.
Pilot Bonner served with CAL FIRE as a helicopter pilot for nearly 16 years and was a U.S. Navy veteran.
He is survived by wife Emma Bonner, son Christian Bonner, daughter Liza Weber and son-in-law Darren Weber, granddaughter Maisy Weber, his sister Nancy Bonner-Benson and stepdaughter Billie Herndon, stepsons Kirk Kervin and Anthony Kervin and stepdaughter Jonnie Meinger.
In honor of Pilot Bonner, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- Triumph to provide helicopter MRO services to Global Aerospace Logistics
- MedEvac Foundation Invites Participants to Virtual Event
- SPAES H145 night vision approvals updated for new tactical radios
- Police Aviation News – August 2020 Edition