Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today issued the following statement regarding the death of California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) Pilot Jerold “Jerry” Bonner:
“Anne and I were saddened to learn of the death of CAL FIRE Forestry Fire Pilot Jerry Bonner. We extend our deepest condolences to his family, friends and coworkers as they deal with their loss.”
Pilot Bonner, 72, of Helendale, was found deceased inside his barracks on Friday while on duty at CAL FIRE’s Alma Helitack Base.
Pilot Bonner served with CAL FIRE as a helicopter pilot for nearly 16 years and was a U.S. Navy veteran.
He is survived by wife Emma Bonner, son Christian Bonner, daughter Liza Weber and son-in-law Darren Weber, granddaughter Maisy Weber, his sister Nancy Bonner-Benson and stepdaughter Billie Herndon, stepsons Kirk Kervin and Anthony Kervin and stepdaughter Jonnie Meinger.
In honor of Pilot Bonner, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream