Able Aerospace Services and leading helicopter services company PHI, Inc. have signed a formal service agreement assigning all of PHI’s Bell 206L and 407 component overhaul and exchange work to Mesa, Arizona-based Able.
“We have been using Able’s services for years, and in that time have saved millions of dollars through direct purchase savings, increased parts lifecycles and a safe, smart and streamlined service process,” said Kenny Highlander, Director of Materials for PHI Inc. “This agreement allows us to secure these benefits for the long term, providing a new level of support to our internal teams and our growing company.”
“Able has enjoyed a long and very positive relationship with PHI, and we are thrilled at their success,” said Able Aerospace Vice President John Jackson. “That relationship is based, in part, on our shared goal of maximizing the efficiencies of PHI’s 206L and 407 fleets while maintaining an absolute commitment to safety – something PHI is known and highly respected for. We are honored at the trust they have placed in Able for this work.”
Globally, Able offers the industry’s most comprehensive menu of FAA approved Bell 206 and 407 PMAs and repair capabilities, and the world’s largest component exchange inventory for the Bell 407.
Based in Lafayette, Louisiana, PHI, Inc. delivers safe and reliable helicopter transpiration worldwide, with a focus on energy basins and offshore industries such as oil and gas, mining, air medical, international and technical services.
About Able Aerospace Services
Able Aerospace Services is a leading supplier of component and MRO services. With headquarters and maintenance facilities on the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (KAZA) in Mesa, Arizona, Able’s products & services support commercial and military fixed and rotor wing aviation. Able combines 32 years of aviation experience with a staff of more than 450 employees to accomplish its mission: To safely reduce aircraft operating costs by providing resourceful component repair, overhaul and approved replacement parts solutions. Able is certified by numerous airworthiness authorities including the FAA, EASA, ANAC, CAAC and others.
PHI, Inc. (NASDAQ: PHII) is a world leading helicopter services company supporting the Offshore Oil and Gas, Air Medical, and Technical Services industries. The company’s core business consists of offshore operations in the energy basins around the world. PHI has a long history of operating in the global marketplace. In addition to operations in the United States, the company has operated in 43 foreign countries and continues to operate for customers across the globe. PHI helicopters fly 250 miles into the Gulf of Mexico and to locations more than 200 miles offshore in international waters. PHI’s headquarters are in Lafayette, Louisiana, USA, where daily operations are conducted in conjunction with 45 other PHI heliports nationwide.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines