Airbus Group has appointed John Harrison, 47, to become Group General Counsel, a newly created Executive Committee position which will consolidate the responsibilities of Corporate Secretary, General Counsel and Ethics & Compliance. Currently, Harrison is Group General Counsel of Technip S.A. in Paris and will join Airbus Group in June 2015.
“The integration of the three functions aims at strengthening them under one roof and one leadership. For that, I am glad to have John Harrison back on board. Until 2007, he has served for more than ten years in various functions at Airbus and EADS. John brings extensive international and legal experience and has also been leading Compliance at Technip. All this will serve us well in this newly created function,” said Tom Enders, Chief Executive Officer of Airbus Group.
Peter M. Kleinschmidt, 63, a 25-year veteran of Airbus Group and its predecessor companies, has served as General Counsel since 2007 and will remain with the company as Senior Legal Advisor to the CEO and the Group General Counsel.
“Peter has been a tremendous asset for Airbus Group for many years and I can’t thank him enough for all his leadership, dedication and many break-through achievements. I have asked him to pursue and finalise a number of critically important cases and projects before he finally retires in the coming years. I am very grateful that we can continue to rely on Peter’s expertise in the coming years,” said Tom Enders.
Pierre de Bausset, 53, will become President of Airbus Group India as of 1 June 2015, succeeding Yves Guillaume who will remain in country until the end of 2015 in order to ensure a smooth transition. De Bausset has served as the Group’s Corporate Secretary since 2008.
“I thank Pierre de Bausset for a job very well done over the last seven years. He has been at the forefront of managing efficient relations between the Executive Management and the Board of Directors during critical years for the Group. Pierre also played a key role in preparing and executing the Group’s governance change in 2012 and 2013. I am convinced he will be a great representative for the Group in India and I wish him all the best for his new professional challenge in Delhi,” Tom Enders noted.
About Airbus Group
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2014, the Group – comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters – generated revenues of € 60.7 billion and employed a workforce of around 138,600.
- Helicopter now stationed at Scotland Memorial Hospital
- Safran Helicopter Engines Partners with Citicopter in Russia
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement
- Rusada joins the European Helicopter Association
- Airbus Helicopters showed H135 at HeliRussia
- Magpas Air Ambulance CEO appointed to the Board of the Association of Air Ambulances
- Sikorsky Receives Contract To Build 12 CH-53K
- Helicopter Training Squadron 18 Receives Award
- B505 Continues Global Expansion
- ADS-B Rebates Have All Been Reserved
- NeoXCraft designers VRCO sign agreement with ConnectJets
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln