ARGUS International, Inc. (ARGUS) is pleased to announce the release of the 2014 SMS Audit Results report. The objective of the report is to highlight those recurring deficiencies found in SMS implementation and execution. A view into the industry wide aperture helps aviation operators focus their efforts on common deficiency areas cited by auditors, and use this information to improve their own SMS implementation and execution efforts.
Each year, ARGUS PROS audits a significant number of operators from both private and commercial flight operations. All aspects of the flight operation are reviewed during each audit, to include the organization’s safety management system. The report is a summary of those audit results, compared to the ARGUS Platinum Standard and IS-BAO, in the measure of safety management effectiveness. These audits follow a “systems” and “process” methodology, and are exclusively focused on compliance. The goal of each audit is to seek evidence of effective and efficient operations and industry best practices, including implementation of a safety management system (SMS) as defined by IS-BAO and FAA AC120-92A.
The majority of the 2014 audit findings point to deficiencies in Internal Evaluation Programs (IEP) and Risk Assessment. An IEP is especially important because of its design, seeking to uncover latent process or program weakness within operations and maintenance focus areas before they become causal factors in an accident or incident. Effective Risk Assessments are also essential to identify hazards, evaluate risks, and help predict areas of exposure.
The report includes quantitative and explanatory breakdowns of the following areas:
– Internal evaluation program
– Risk Assessment
– Safety management system training
– General operating manual
– Fatigue risk management system
– Hazard reporting
– Safety policy
– Safety management system manual
– Safety committee
About ARGUS International Inc.
ARGUS International, Inc. (ARGUS) is a specialized aviation services company whose mission is to provide the aviation marketplace with data and information necessary to make informed decisions and manage risk. ARGUS provides world-class aviation software and business management solutions, including AVMOSYS business management software, TRAQPak, CHEQ, and ARMOR SMS. ARGUS Charter operator ratings are the most recognized and requested independent source of overall operator quality. TRAQPak provides industry leading market intelligence data and research services, as well as expert aviation consulting.
ARGUS subsidiaries include ARGUS PROS, the leading provider of on-site safety audits and PRISM, a worldwide leader in Safety Management System (SMS) and Certification services. Founded in 1995, ARGUS is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, and actively engaged around the globe.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point