AgustaWestland announced today it has signed a contract with Badan SAR Nasional (Basarnas), the national search and rescue agency of the Republic of Indonesia, for an AW139 intermediate twin engine helicopter equipped for SAR operations. The contract also includes training for aircrew and technicians as well as an initial support package. The aircraft will be delivered by the end of 2015 and will be equipped with rescue hoist, radar, cabin console and other SAR equipment.
This sale represents an important milestone for AgustaWestland in the Indonesian public sector helicopter market and will enable it to increase cooperation with local industry to support the growing Indonesian helicopter market.
Basarnas will benefit from a range of support services for their AW139 provided by Indopelita Aircraft Service. This follows an agreement signed by AgustaWestland and Indopelita last November to establish support and maintenance services in Indonesia. AgustaWestland has recently achieved significant sales success in Indonesia with the AW119 single engine, GrandNew light twin engine and AW139 intermediate twin engine helicopters for a variety of roles.
The AW139 provides Search and Rescue (SAR) operators best in-class performance, high cruise speed (165 knots / 306 kph), long range of (up to 675 nm / 1250 km) and endurance up to 6 hours for extended search patrols. With its high power reserve, thanks to its powerful PT6-67C turboshaft engines, the AW139 has excellent hover performance, including One Engine Inoperative (OEI) condition, even in extreme hot-and-high environments.
The AW139’s large, versatile cabin (8 m3 / 283 ft3) can be configured in a variety of layouts, with accommodation for FLIR station operation, medical treatment and casualty evacuation requirements. A large sliding door on each side of the cabin provides clear access to the cabin for survivors and stretchers. Uniquely the AW139 has an additional 3.4 m3 (120 ft3) of baggage compartment which is accessible from inside or outside the helicopter.
State-of-the-art avionics and large cockpit displays, together with the 4-axis digital autopilot (with hover mode) and full digital electronic engine control (FADEC) minimise pilot workload and optimise operational efficiency. The AW139’s ergonomic design, excellent handling characteristics and low vibration levels minimise pilot fatigue and enhance passenger comfort. A state-of-the-art Health Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) and diagnostic tools are available to maximise aircraft safety and minimise time on the ground.
Over 900 AW139 helicopters have been sold to more than 220 customers in over 70 countries worldwide to date. The AW139 has been selected by and is now performing search and rescue missions with a large number of operators in Asia and elsewhere around the globe. The AW139, as the market leader in its class, is also widely used for offshore transport, passenger transport, law enforcement, emergency medical transport, passenger transport and firefighting services.
The AW139 helicopter is part of AgustaWestland’s family of new generation helicopters that also includes the AW169 and AW189. These helicopters possess the same high-performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach facilitates synergies for operators of these models in areas such as training, maintenance and support.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit