Sikorsky has appointed Mycopter Aviation Services to become the first Sikorsky-authorized Customer Support Center (CSC) in Southeast Asia for Sikorsky’s S-76® line of medium-size commercial helicopters. Operating from Mycopter’s facility at Subang Airport, Malaysia, the CSC will bring Sikorsky-qualified maintenance services to a region where operators currently fly almost 50 S-76 aircraft, and where customers will have an opportunity to flight-test the latest model, the S-76D™ helicopter, on display atLangkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA) ‘15. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
“Sikorsky is committed to bringing customer support services closer to operators of S-76 helicopters across Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei and Singapore,” said Shawn Cornell, Sikorsky Southeast Asia General Manager. “As the newest authorized service provider within Sikorsky’s growing S-76 global support network, MyCopter Aviation has completed the required maintenance training for all S-76 variants, and is committed to Sikorsky’s high standards for customer support.”
A Malaysian-owned independent aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul service company, Mycopter Aviation Services has grown significantly in the past 10 years to become a leading provider of aviation services for regional operators of both helicopter and turboprop aircraft.
“Mycopter Aviation Services is very pleased to have been appointed a Sikorsky-authorized Customer Support Center for S-76 fleet operators in Malaysia and the Southeast Asia region,” said Mycopter Aviation Services Chairman, Haji Mohamad Nasrun Bin Omar. “With the continued growth of the S-76 fleet in the Asia Pacific region expected from the new S-76D variant, Mycopter Aviation looks forward to supporting operators with a wide range of MRO (maintenance, repairs and operations) support services, including modifications.”
Sikorsky is positioning the new S-76D helicopter in the Southeast Asia region to fill emerging roles for rotary wing aircraft in the offshore oil, VIP, search and rescue, and emergency medical services mission categories.
In early March, Sikorsky began a two-month S-76D exhibition and demonstration tour across Southeast Asia, starting at the Subang, Malaysia SkyPark Aviation Center. The aircraft is on display at LIMA’15, and will tour Thailand and Indonesia in late March and April.
The new generation S-76D helicopter is designed to provide a substantial increase in performance, power and value compared to previous S-76 models. Active vibration control and Quiet Zone™ transmission technology render cabin conditions exceptionally smooth and quiet, allowing normal conversations during flight
The aircraft’s baseline equipment includes powerful and efficient Pratt & Whitney Canada PW210S engines; an advanced THALES TopDeck® integrated avionics system and four-axis autopilot; Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) incorporated into fleet monitoring and analysis; active vibration control; and all-composite, flaw-tolerant main rotor blades.
Sikorsky has delivered more than 800 S-76 helicopters to customers globally since 1979, contributing daily to a growing 6.6-million-plus fleet flight hours total.
Sikorsky, based in Stratford, Connecticut, is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, provides high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries.
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- 26-Jan-20 N72EX Sikorsky S76B Calabasas, US-California (9F)
- DAC International launch ADS-B Out solution for Sikorsky S76
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract