After a fifth participation at the Heli-Expo in the United States, Marenco Swisshelicopter is pleased to announce the signature of 13x additional letters of intent for the SKYe SH09 helicopter, reaching a total of 72x units in the order-book, with deliveries ranging from 2016 and onwards.
Part of these orders are destined to commercial operators on the American markets for operations ranging from Heli-Taxi in South America to charter and sightseeing in the USA. The remaining orders are spread throughout the world and include the announced first sale to a professional charter and training operator in South Africa. During the Heli-Expo in Orlando, the team of Marenco Swisshelicopter reported the result of the teamwork and accomplishments that were performed in 2014 and which lead to the achievement of the first flight as well as the start of the intensive flight test campaign that is now being actively pursued.
With the presentation of a modified full carbon 1:1 mock-up of the SKYe SH09, the Marenco Swisshelicopter booth was a point of attraction on the show. The aircraft embodied the latest modifications with the High visibility cockpit and new floor windows as well as the instrument panel that was developed and installed on the flying prototype.
The aircraft was displayed in bright and dynamic colours and generated positive response with confirmed interest from operators and helicopter users around the globe.
Bruno Gubser, Marenco Swisshelicopter Chief Operating Officer also reports having reached milestone discussions and agreements with the advance selection of HONEYWELL, SAGEM and TENCATE as key suppliers in preparation of the serial production of the SKYe SH09 helicopter and for respectively the helicopter HTS 900-2 turbine, the ICDS-8A Glass Cockpit suite and the TC250 epoxy resin system.
About the SKYe SH09 helicopter:
With a Maximum Take-Off Weight of 2,650 kg (5,842 lbs) the SKYe SH09 helicopter offers exceptional hot and high performance, a low noise signature thanks to the newly developed dynamic assemblies and shrouded tailrotor. The modularity of the cabin makes the most of the flat floor and the unique high ceiling concept, offering multiple seating arrangements of 1 Pilot + up to 7 passengers, all with individual crashworthy seats. The rear access to the cabin is facilitated by the large clamshell doors; addressing the passenger transport and emergency evacuation roles of the helicopter.
With a fast cruise speed of 260 km/h (140 knots) it will also offer very long range – in excess of 800km (430 nautical miles) with standard fuel tanks. SKYe SH09 is of particular interest to operators who wish to avail of a remarkably versatile machine with additional power, greater payload capacity, and an augmented sling load capability of 1,500 kg (3,300 lbs).
About MARENCO SWISSHELICOPTER (MSH):
The MARENCO SWISSHELICOPTER COMPANY is the result of combining the engineering expertise of Marenco Ltd. and a team of highly qualified helicopter specialists, pilots and aviation experts. Marenco Swisshelicopter Ltd. was founded in 2007 for the direct purpose of developing, building and commercializing new concepts of light turbine helicopters. With this industrial visionary concept, Marenco Swisshelicopter developed a new generation of helicopter built with a design that concentrates on the key notion of competitive superiority, modularity, advanced ergonomics and with the integration of the best choice of materials.
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Kopter SH09 helicopter test flights go ahead in Sicily
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Rainier Heli-International adds five SH09 options
- Kopter and INAEC launch SH09 in the Philippines
- Kopter’s SH09 flies with a new main rotor configuration
- Kopter introduces its new website!
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Kopter’s SH09 Flight Test Program moves forward
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Paradise Helicopters visits Kopter’s SH09 flight test base in Pozzallo
- Metro Aviation signs an agreement with Kopter
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Kopter and Louisiana State announce new helicopter facility
- Kopter SH09 successfully completed initial flight tests
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- SH09 latest prototype begins flight trials
- Kopter at AMTC 2018