Our customers push boundaries. Whether you’re exploring new terrain for the world’s energy needs or reaching others in need of rescue, we understand the demand for safer, faster, more cost-effective transportation. That’s why Bristow has partnered with Finmeccanica – AgustaWestland to develop the AW609 TiltRotor, an incredible aircraft that flies like a plane, but with the vertical lift, landing and hover capabilities of a helicopter. It has the potential to revolutionize offshore and remote travel, search and rescue missions and even everyday transportation in urban environments.
Equipped with both fixed-wing and helicopter technology, the AW609 is larger and faster than traditional helicopters, yet deftly maneuvers difficult flying conditions and comfortably seats up to nine passengers in a pressurized cabin. The value of these features resonates with Jonathan Baliff, Bristow president and CEO. “With its vertical lift and landing capabilities combined with increased speed, extended range and airline-style amenities,” Baliff says, “Bristow will be able to provide more value to clients by offering complete logistics solutions with one aircraft type that will take them faster and farther offshore.”
This initial agreement between AgustaWestland and Bristow serves as a crucial milestone in the aircraft’s road to FAA certification. Our two companies expect certification in 2017, and when it happens, the AW609 will be the first commercial TiltRotor on the market.
As our clients’ demands for integrated point-to-point transportation increases, Bristow and AgustaWestland envision AW609 as the next generation of efficient aircraft transport for customers across multiple industries. Its speed and payload capabilities could mean the difference between failure and success for everyone from med-evac teams to hostile environment exploration crews and beyond.
- MD Helicopters deliver MD530F to Wilson Construction
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- Triumph to provide helicopter MRO services to Global Aerospace Logistics
- MedEvac Foundation Invites Participants to Virtual Event
- SPAES H145 night vision approvals updated for new tactical radios