Kitchener Aero Avionics (KAAV) is pleased to announce that they have now been awarded EASA STC in addition to Transport Canada and FAA STC’s already in hand for their successful and popular “Glass-Cockpit” upgrade to the Eurocopter EC-120 helicopter.
The Garmin G500H Flight Display system with Helicopter Synthetic Vision (HSVT), an Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) and Air Data are the key components to this upgrade. Also STC’d in the EC-120 are the Garmin GDL-69/69A XM Weather DataLink, an Avidyne TAS-605 Traffic Awareness System, and a Honeywell KRA-405B Radar Altimeter system. All of these additional systems are controlled by and displayed on the G-500H.
The G-500H STC is available through all qualified Garmin Dealers worldwide. Applicable STCs are: Transport Canada STC SH12-61, FAA STC #SR03364NY and now EASA STC # 10052221. Also note that The STC is currently being revised to incorporate a Mid-Continent SAM Electronic Standby Instrument System with Integral Emergency Power Supply to replace the 2” Analog Standby Instrumentation.
An added note for those in the Electronic News Gathering and Aerial Law Enforcement markets, External Video from a Video Camera or FLIR System may also be displayed on the G-500H MFD.
In announcing this additional STC, Barry Aylward, President of KAAV stated “The G500H is an absolutely stunning addition to the EC-120 cockpit. We have completed three of these mods to date with a fourth underway. This redesign dramatically improves situational awareness and overall safety.”
“The addition of the EASA STC for the EC-120 and G500H is great plus for all our airframe certifications,” said Jim Alpiser, Garmin’s director of aviation aftermarket sales. “Increased safety and reliability offered by the G500H is attractive to EC 120 owners and operators all over the world – especially those in Europe who now have access to this.”
For additional information about KAAV or pricing of the STC options detailed above, visit them on the web at www.kitcheneraero.com. Or feel welcome to call Barry Aylward at 1-800-928-4669 (In Canada) or 519-648-2921.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight