Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce that it has been selected to perform a 7,500 hour major inspection (G check) and 12-year inspection on one of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s three AS332L1 Super Puma helicopters. This inspection will also include post maintenance return to service activities and a 10-year calendar fuel hose replacement.
Vector Aerospace is globally recognized as an AS332C, L & L1 MRO provider certified by Airbus Helicopters to perform all inspections up to and including G check, avionics and structural MRO including full-wiring repairs and extensive primary and secondary composite repairs. Vector Aerospace also offers a variety of custom Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) for the Super Puma, as well as a pay by the hour lease program suitable for operators who have immediate operational requirements that can be fulfilled by leasing an AS332L.
“With extensive experience in performing inspections and maintenance on Super Puma helicopters, I am confident that the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will be pleased with our quality standards and top-notch customer support delivered throughout this contract,” said Chris McDowell, Vice President, Sales and Marketing at HS-NA.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky. Its capabilities include major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, full-service avionics capability including aircraft rewiring, as well as mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades.
About the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department:
The Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department is the largest sheriff’s department in the world. It is divided into the four main operations of Custody Operations, Patrol Operations, Countywide Services, and Administrative & Professional Standards. Within the four operations, there are thirteen additional subgroups, called divisions, each headed by a Division Chief. From within these divisions are bureaus and specialized units which provide specific services to the county, the county residents, other county, state and federal agencies.
Their Core Values are: “Courage, Compassion, Professionalism, Accountability, and Respect. With integrity, compassion, and courage, we serve our communities– protecting life and property, being diligent and professional in our acts and deeds, holding ourselves and each other accountable for our actions at all times, while respecting the dignity and rights of all. Earning the Public Trust Every Day!”For more information about the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, visit their website at www.lasd.org
About Vector Aerospace:
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation MRO services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa and Kenya, Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector Aerospace’s customer-focused team includes over 2,700 motivated employees.More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019