Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce that it has been selected to perform a 7,500 hour major inspection (G check) and 12-year inspection on one of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s three AS332L1 Super Puma helicopters. This inspection will also include post maintenance return to service activities and a 10-year calendar fuel hose replacement.
Vector Aerospace is globally recognized as an AS332C, L & L1 MRO provider certified by Airbus Helicopters to perform all inspections up to and including G check, avionics and structural MRO including full-wiring repairs and extensive primary and secondary composite repairs. Vector Aerospace also offers a variety of custom Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) for the Super Puma, as well as a pay by the hour lease program suitable for operators who have immediate operational requirements that can be fulfilled by leasing an AS332L.
“With extensive experience in performing inspections and maintenance on Super Puma helicopters, I am confident that the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will be pleased with our quality standards and top-notch customer support delivered throughout this contract,” said Chris McDowell, Vice President, Sales and Marketing at HS-NA.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky. Its capabilities include major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, full-service avionics capability including aircraft rewiring, as well as mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades.
About the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department:
The Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department is the largest sheriff’s department in the world. It is divided into the four main operations of Custody Operations, Patrol Operations, Countywide Services, and Administrative & Professional Standards. Within the four operations, there are thirteen additional subgroups, called divisions, each headed by a Division Chief. From within these divisions are bureaus and specialized units which provide specific services to the county, the county residents, other county, state and federal agencies.
Their Core Values are: “Courage, Compassion, Professionalism, Accountability, and Respect. With integrity, compassion, and courage, we serve our communities– protecting life and property, being diligent and professional in our acts and deeds, holding ourselves and each other accountable for our actions at all times, while respecting the dignity and rights of all. Earning the Public Trust Every Day!”For more information about the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, visit their website at www.lasd.org
About Vector Aerospace:
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation MRO services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa and Kenya, Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector Aerospace’s customer-focused team includes over 2,700 motivated employees.More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years
- Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results
- Bell 407GXI certified in China
- India looking for 111 Naval Utility Helicopters
- FreeFlight Systems announces Sapphire Elite recognition program
- Contracts signed for air medical evacuation services in Europe and Africa
- Service center ODK-Klimov and UTair-Engineering helped Sanaviatsii
- Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal implements new Kathmandu heli-lanes
- Coptersafety provides update on H125 simulator
- USHST Sees Safety Benefits of Integrating UAS and OPA Technology into Helicopter Operations
- Universal Avionics to present innovative flight deck solutions at Heli-Expo
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2019
- DART’s H135 Crosstubes get approvals
- Heli-Union commences contract in French Guyana with two AS365Ns
- Raytheon Awarded $15M Contract for CV-22 Software Delivery
- Kailash Helicopter plans to add more helicopters
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- Austria – HeliAir upgrades OAMTC Airbus H135
- Volocopter works with Fraport to develop airport infrastructure