Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), has announced its show plans for the 2015 Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit in Nashville, Tenn., March 29 – April 1. The company will display its full-size mockup of the Bell V-280 Valor next generation tiltrotor aircraft.
Follow this link to reach the media gallery for the Bell V-280.
“The Army Aviation Summit provides us with a great opportunity to engage with current and future Army aviation leadership,” said Mitch Snyder, executive vice president of Military Business at Bell Helicopter. “This unique event gives us the chance for precise, in-depth discussions on what the next generation of tiltrotor can deliver in support of the U.S. Army’s operating concepts and future doctrine.” Throughout the show, the V-280 mockup will be shown in both attack and utility configurations, demonstrating the aircraft’s versatility and multi-mission capability to attendees. The annual event will be held at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and convention center and will host representatives from 22 countries.
The first flight of the next generation tiltrotor is scheduled for the second half of 2017. The V-280 tiltrotor will provide unmatched speed, range and payload, along with unmatched agility at the objective. The aircraft will provide the best value in operations and maintenance costs, and is being designed with sustainability, affordability, and ease of manufacturing in mind.
The Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit provides the Army Aviation community with the opportunity for professional development, and brings together Army Aviation, government leaders and industry representatives at the 16 acre exhibit. Attendees will be able to hear leadership messages in general sessions, network with fellow attendees in deep dive sessions on technology and training, and attend presentations from U.S. Army leadership. The annual show also features recognition ceremonies for deserving Aviation soldiers and units.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter
- Albuquerque Police get public complaints from increase helicopter use
- Italian Army retires AB205 after 51 years service
- PNG LNG adds H145 for Papua New Guinea operations
- EBAA to Send Young Leaders to One Young World Global Youth Summit
- UPMC Mercy Unveils New Rooftop Helipad
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Ansat to a client in Europe
- Asia Pacific Aerospace Extends its T700 MRO Provider Agreement with GE Aviation
- Spectrum Aeromed Brings On New VP of Operations
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connect
- NHC Northern Helicopter takes over offshore air rescue for the RWE Amrumbank wind farm