Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), has announced its show plans for the 2015 Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit in Nashville, Tenn., March 29 – April 1. The company will display its full-size mockup of the Bell V-280 Valor next generation tiltrotor aircraft.
Follow this link to reach the media gallery for the Bell V-280.
“The Army Aviation Summit provides us with a great opportunity to engage with current and future Army aviation leadership,” said Mitch Snyder, executive vice president of Military Business at Bell Helicopter. “This unique event gives us the chance for precise, in-depth discussions on what the next generation of tiltrotor can deliver in support of the U.S. Army’s operating concepts and future doctrine.” Throughout the show, the V-280 mockup will be shown in both attack and utility configurations, demonstrating the aircraft’s versatility and multi-mission capability to attendees. The annual event will be held at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and convention center and will host representatives from 22 countries.
The first flight of the next generation tiltrotor is scheduled for the second half of 2017. The V-280 tiltrotor will provide unmatched speed, range and payload, along with unmatched agility at the objective. The aircraft will provide the best value in operations and maintenance costs, and is being designed with sustainability, affordability, and ease of manufacturing in mind.
The Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit provides the Army Aviation community with the opportunity for professional development, and brings together Army Aviation, government leaders and industry representatives at the 16 acre exhibit. Attendees will be able to hear leadership messages in general sessions, network with fellow attendees in deep dive sessions on technology and training, and attend presentations from U.S. Army leadership. The annual show also features recognition ceremonies for deserving Aviation soldiers and units.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- Aberdeen SAR team reach 500th mission milestone
- HAI Names Recipient of 2021 Salute to Excellence Law Enforcement Award
- Airbus drops price on AS350 Crash Resistant Fuel System
- HAI supports Advanced Air Mobility Coordination and Leadership Act
- Turkish Aerospace Industries display unmanned T629 attack helicopter
- Bell-Boeing awarded $309M contract for four CMV-22B Ospreys
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints Interim CEO
- Universal Avionics appoints Director of Contracts
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters