Helijet has extended its existing helicopter service contracts with two of BC’s world-renowned fishing resort lodge clients located on Haida Gwaii, off the North-West coast of British Columbia.
Together, these extended service agreements are valued at over $7 million. Helijet will provide exclusive summer season helicopter service to these resort lodge locations utilizing twin-engine Sikorsky S-76 helicopters, which will be operated and maintained by a Helijet team based on the Islands, at the Sandspit and Masset Airports.
Bob Brash, interim CEO and COO for the Haida Enterprise Corporation (HAICO), which owns and operates West Coast Resort’s Englefield and Hippa resort fishing lodges on Haida Gwaii, commented, “We are very pleased to continue to maintain our partnership with Helijet. Their commitment to service quality is an important aspect towards delivering a positive guest experience, all the while maintaining the highest level of safety standards”.
Up to five, 13-passenger Sikorsky S-76 twin-engine helicopters will fly resort guests and supplies to and from these remote lodges, which are situated along some of the most beautiful and rugged wilderness regions of British Columbia’s west coast. The S-76 helicopters will also be available for general charter to other clients at times when they’re not scheduled to serve Helijet’s resort clients. Helijet also operates a year-round base located at Sandspit Airport, with a complete hangar and office infrastructure, mission specific helicopters and experienced flight crew, in support of all business sectors.
Helijet President and CEO Danny Sitnam commented, “The opportunity to continue delivering our team’s service delivery and safety standards to these partnered clients demonstrates Helijet’s ongoing ability to provide the safest and most efficient air transport solutions in one of Canada’s most scenic and rugged environments, all the while supporting the BC sport fishing industry”.
Helijet has become a leading air service provider on BC’s north coast, now providing a significant fleet of single and twin engine helicopters for a total of 12 world renowned sport fishing and ecotourism lodge resorts operating on Haida Gwaii and the North-Central Coast of BC.
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and North America’s largest scheduled helicopter service carrying well over two million passengers in the past 29 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific Northwest.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center