Helijet has extended its existing helicopter service contracts with two of BC’s world-renowned fishing resort lodge clients located on Haida Gwaii, off the North-West coast of British Columbia.
Together, these extended service agreements are valued at over $7 million. Helijet will provide exclusive summer season helicopter service to these resort lodge locations utilizing twin-engine Sikorsky S-76 helicopters, which will be operated and maintained by a Helijet team based on the Islands, at the Sandspit and Masset Airports.
Bob Brash, interim CEO and COO for the Haida Enterprise Corporation (HAICO), which owns and operates West Coast Resort’s Englefield and Hippa resort fishing lodges on Haida Gwaii, commented, “We are very pleased to continue to maintain our partnership with Helijet. Their commitment to service quality is an important aspect towards delivering a positive guest experience, all the while maintaining the highest level of safety standards”.
Up to five, 13-passenger Sikorsky S-76 twin-engine helicopters will fly resort guests and supplies to and from these remote lodges, which are situated along some of the most beautiful and rugged wilderness regions of British Columbia’s west coast. The S-76 helicopters will also be available for general charter to other clients at times when they’re not scheduled to serve Helijet’s resort clients. Helijet also operates a year-round base located at Sandspit Airport, with a complete hangar and office infrastructure, mission specific helicopters and experienced flight crew, in support of all business sectors.
Helijet President and CEO Danny Sitnam commented, “The opportunity to continue delivering our team’s service delivery and safety standards to these partnered clients demonstrates Helijet’s ongoing ability to provide the safest and most efficient air transport solutions in one of Canada’s most scenic and rugged environments, all the while supporting the BC sport fishing industry”.
Helijet has become a leading air service provider on BC’s north coast, now providing a significant fleet of single and twin engine helicopters for a total of 12 world renowned sport fishing and ecotourism lodge resorts operating on Haida Gwaii and the North-Central Coast of BC.
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and North America’s largest scheduled helicopter service carrying well over two million passengers in the past 29 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific Northwest.
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20
- British Helicopter Association announces winner of annual Eric Brown Award
- Longbow awarded $32M contract for spare parts kits for AH-64E
- Garmin announces 2021 Virtual Format Pilot Training Classes
- Babcock starts Total contract from Aberdeen
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- Philippine Coast Guard takes delivery of second H145
- Life Link III Acquires FlightBridgeED
- Study supports EMS use of piloted multicopters
- Helicoper link reopens to Kedarnath pilgrimage site
- Kawasaki puts supercharged H2R engine in a helicopter
- ASU President Announces Retirement
- MD Helicopters Awarded Two Army Contracting Command MD530F Contracts