Helijet has extended its existing helicopter service contracts with two of BC’s world-renowned fishing resort lodge clients located on Haida Gwaii, off the North-West coast of British Columbia.
Together, these extended service agreements are valued at over $7 million. Helijet will provide exclusive summer season helicopter service to these resort lodge locations utilizing twin-engine Sikorsky S-76 helicopters, which will be operated and maintained by a Helijet team based on the Islands, at the Sandspit and Masset Airports.
Bob Brash, interim CEO and COO for the Haida Enterprise Corporation (HAICO), which owns and operates West Coast Resort’s Englefield and Hippa resort fishing lodges on Haida Gwaii, commented, “We are very pleased to continue to maintain our partnership with Helijet. Their commitment to service quality is an important aspect towards delivering a positive guest experience, all the while maintaining the highest level of safety standards”.
Up to five, 13-passenger Sikorsky S-76 twin-engine helicopters will fly resort guests and supplies to and from these remote lodges, which are situated along some of the most beautiful and rugged wilderness regions of British Columbia’s west coast. The S-76 helicopters will also be available for general charter to other clients at times when they’re not scheduled to serve Helijet’s resort clients. Helijet also operates a year-round base located at Sandspit Airport, with a complete hangar and office infrastructure, mission specific helicopters and experienced flight crew, in support of all business sectors.
Helijet President and CEO Danny Sitnam commented, “The opportunity to continue delivering our team’s service delivery and safety standards to these partnered clients demonstrates Helijet’s ongoing ability to provide the safest and most efficient air transport solutions in one of Canada’s most scenic and rugged environments, all the while supporting the BC sport fishing industry”.
Helijet has become a leading air service provider on BC’s north coast, now providing a significant fleet of single and twin engine helicopters for a total of 12 world renowned sport fishing and ecotourism lodge resorts operating on Haida Gwaii and the North-Central Coast of BC.
Helijet International is a Canadian-owned company and North America’s largest scheduled helicopter service carrying well over two million passengers in the past 29 years. In addition to its scheduled helicopter services, Helijet is a major service provider of dedicated medically equipped helicopters to the BC Air Ambulance Service of British Columbia. Helijet provides exclusive use helicopter and business jet services to world renowned Sport Fishing Resorts, public service and energy companies throughout the West Coast of British Columbia and Pacific Northwest.
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms