A contract for two new Airbus Helicopters Dauphins, along with deliveries of three Dauphins this month, have underscored the importance of this twin-engine aircraft family in Japan – particularly with the country’s law enforcement and firefighting agencies.
The latest order was signed with Japan’s National Police Agency for one H155 version (previously known as the EC155) to be deployed by the Kagawa Prefectural Police, and an AS365 N3+ variant for the Fukuoka Prefectural Police. Both Dauphins are scheduled to be delivered in 2017, and will replace aging aircraft in these operators’ respective fleets. The H155 is Kagawa Prefectural Police’s first Airbus Helicopters-built rotorcraft.
This month’s three Dauphin deliveries in Japan involved an H155 for the Hyogo Prefectural Police, one AS365 N3+ received by the Hiroshima Prefectural Police, and an AS365 N3+ for the Nagoya City Fire Department.
“With a long and successful career, the Dauphin continues to be the helicopter of choice for highly demanding public missions in Japan and around the world,” explained Stephane Ginoux, Managing Director of Airbus Helicopters Japan. “This bestseller is backed by our full resources locally, providing prompt and efficient support and ensuring safe operations for customers.”
Currently, a total of 56 Dauphin helicopters are operated in Japan – including three H155s and six AS365s deployed by Japanese police agencies, as well as 24 AS365s flown in firefighting and disaster relief missions.
The medium-sized twin-engine Dauphin incorporates advanced technologies for rapid flight speeds, low noise and vibration. Equipped with Airbus Helicopters‘ signature Fenestron® shrouded tail rotor, the rotorcraft‘s spacious cabin comfortably accommodates up to 13 passengers and two pilots.
About Airbus Helicopters Japan
Airbus Helicopters Japan was established in 2009 as the Japanese customer center of Airbus Helicopters, a division of Airbus Group. It is the first foreign affiliated aircraft manufacturer to carry out direct sales, training, and customer support activities in the Japanese aeronautical sector. There are approximately 290 employees allocated at four locations, including Tokyo and Kobe. With more than 50 years of in-country presence, Airbus Helicopters Japan confirms its leadership position with a 55 percent market share overall in Japan (civil and parapublic sectors). Airbus Helicopters Japan makes Japan’s sky safer, more reliable and cost-efficient by providing high quality products and services.
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters is a division of Airbus Group, a global pioneer in aerospace and defense related services. Airbus Helicopters is the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer and employs more than 23,000 people worldwide. With 44 percent market share in civil and parapublic sectors, the company’s fleet in service includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in more than 150 countries. Airbus Helicopters’ international presence is marked by its 29 customer centers and participations and its worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents. Airbus Helicopters’ range of civil and military helicopters is the world’s largest; its aircraft account for one third of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. The company’s chief priority is to ensure the safe operation of its aircraft for the thousands of people who fly more than 3 million hours per year.
- Kopter’s SH09 flies with a new main rotor configuration
- Air Methods lowers costs to patients
- MINT Turbines Announces Launch of Redesigned Website
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters