Northwest MedStar owns a mixed fleet of four fixed wing and seven rotor wing aircraft, and recently replaced one of its helicopters with a new Airbus H135 (EC135) completed by Metro Aviation in Shreveport, Louisiana. Metro also operates all 11 aircraft for Northwest MedStar and has since August of 1994.
“MedStar took delivery of its fourth replacement helicopter, and as usual Metro delivered this aircraft on time with the completion work done as expected,” said Northwest MedStar Director Eveline Bisson. “Metro always meets our expectations.”
The new aircraft includes the same advanced flight and medical features of others in the fleet, but is the first Northwest MedStar helicopter with the Garmin GTN 750 system. The most noticeable difference is the touch screen display, but the equipment also incorporates a digital audio system, digital standby instrument system and both standard color weather radar and satellite radar options. The system also includes Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast (ADS-B), both in and out, which meets the FAA requirement for ADS-B equipment to be installed by 2020.
Metro Aviation became the first to STC the equipment for Single Pilot IFR (SPIFR) in the fourth quarter of 2014. Northwest MedStar’s new aircraft is also fully compliant with the new FAA Part 135 Helicopter Air Ambulance (HAA) requirements.
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Devon Air Ambulance resumes ops – EC135s fitted with separation screens
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- EC135 Reduced mandatory maintenance and flight checks
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- Polish Border Guard adds Airbus H135
- Gozo EMS operation upgrading to EC135
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- Cayman Police replace damaged EC135 wtih second H145
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta