Trakkacorp Pty Ltd is proud to announce the first Trakkabeam A800 Searchlight installation and delivery for the new Californian Highway Patrol AS350 fleet. This marks the first delivery of fifteen new AS350’s from Airbus USA for CHP. Airbus has collaborated with Hangar One, a leading MRO based in California, for integration and delivery of these new Searchlight systems.
The A800 searchlight is a valuable enhancement for the new CHP helicopters and its multi-mission requirements. CHP’s missions range from Law Enforcement, Search and Rescue missions, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and services. The A800 compliments the AS350’s mission equipment due to its unique multi-mission capabilities and boasts the highest level of testing and qualification of any searchlight, along with an optically enhanced uniform beam, internal multi-colored filter system, and fast/smooth slaving system, which all combine to give the operator superior helicopter searchlight performance. CHP chose the A800 Mark II version for this fleet of aircraft. In addition to the standard features of the A800, the A800 MKII feature’s the ability to link into the moving map and/or the EO/IR sensor, and also some new operational features commissioned by CHP, such as variable slew from the cyclic controls.
About the A800 Trakkabeam Searchlight
The Trakkabeam searchlight is a paradigm shift in engineering and design which has eliminated the inefficiencies of traditional searchlight technology. Trakka has concentrated on producing a system that achieves maximum efficiency and visibility, in a variety of operational situations.
The Trakkabeam has become the benchmark in aviation searchlight technology, due to its sleek, aerodynamic characteristics, low power draw, low weight, superior mission functionality and reliability and is used internationally by leading ground and airborne law enforcement, security forces, as well as search and rescue agencies, to strengthen their capability to achieve mission objectives.
Its unique internally integrated filter wheel enables the installation of a range of spectral light filters including infrared, visible red and amber. This creates unparalleled visibility and mission capability during night-time operations, in moist or foggy conditions, and during NVG operations. The advanced optics, only available with the Trakkabeam, also makes the searchlight far more efficient than any other on the market, resulting in the use of an 800W lamp whilst still achieving outstanding performance and range.
About Trakka Corp
Trakka Corp Pty Ltd is a privately held Australian aerospace company, whose primary focus is to design, manufacture, market and distribute innovative high powered searchlight solutions for Airborne, Marine and Land based operations around the world. Trakka offers a comprehensive portfolio of products, accessories, spare parts for civil and military operators, all major rotorcraft OEM’s, completion centres, and MR&O facilities. Trakka’s extensive engineering capabilities and AS9100 part C manufacturing facility delivers fast time-to-market solutions with superior customer support worldwide. To find out more visit www.trakkacorp.com
– See more at: http://www.justhelicopters.com/ArticlesNews/IndustryWideNews/tabid/434/Article/86121/Trakka-Searchlight-chosen-for-CHP-Fleet.aspx#sthash.LoMfvN5X.dpuf
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)