Eagle Technologies, a veteran owned company, is proud to announce they will be part of a growing list of suppliers participating in the manufacture of the first Bell V-280 Valor technology demonstrator. Eagle Technologies will manufacture the proprotor blades for the first V-280 tiltrotor, an aircraft that has been selected to advance as part of the Joint MultiRole Demonstrator (JMR-TD) program, a U.S. Government effort which precedes and informs the Department of Defense Future Vertical Lift (FVL) program.
“Eagle Technologies is honored to team with Bell on the V-280 Valor program, bringing our proven engineering, composite and rotor blade experience to support their technology demonstration phase. This is an important program within Army Aviation and the Department of Defense, and we are excited to participate in advancing this technology.” says Emitt Wallace, President and CEO of Eagle Technologies.
Eagle Technologies is well suited for the proprotor blade design and manufacture. Their extensive experience in composites, tiltrotor and rotorcraft blade development provides a natural fit to the V-280, and plays a role in the effort to manufacture a tiltrotor aircraft with an emphasis on maintainability, commonality, and affordability. Eagle Technologies is also experienced in production of FAA certified components.
The clean-sheet Bell V-280 is designed to cover ground twice as quickly as any existing helicopter. The tiltrotor leverages vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) capability into a strategic and tactical advantage for battle planning. Bell Helicopter leads the industry with combat-proven tiltrotor technology, and has invested heavily in the next generation tiltrotor—the Bell V-280 Valor.
About Eagle Technologies
Eagle Technologies, LLC (ETL) –Newport News, Va. ETL is an aerospace company with engineering design, analysis and testing capabilities coupled with precision machining and composite fabrication. We are AS9100 Rev C: Design to Production certified. Contracts have included main rotor blades for Sikorsky X2 and S‐97 RAIDER, rotor/drive systems for the KARI Tilt Rotor Smart UAV, wind tunnel models for NASA and multiple OEM’s, X2/S‐97 RAIDER Mock Up and composite parts for Boeing, Northrop Grumman and Lockheed Martin, to name a few. ETL has a unique and extensive blend of aerospace prototype and production capability. Our production work has included the Sikorsky S‐76D Inlet Door and Engine Air System and Avionics Door for the UH60A‐L model. Our facilities include certified clean rooms, 5’ x 27’ autoclave, ply cutter, and precision machining capabilities. We can provide you an efficient and streamlined approach to achieve your goals from concept to production. www.eagleaviationtech.com
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- Aberdeen SAR team reach 500th mission milestone
- HAI Names Recipient of 2021 Salute to Excellence Law Enforcement Award
- Airbus drops price on AS350 Crash Resistant Fuel System
- HAI supports Advanced Air Mobility Coordination and Leadership Act
- Turkish Aerospace Industries display unmanned T629 attack helicopter
- Bell-Boeing awarded $309M contract for four CMV-22B Ospreys
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints Interim CEO
- Universal Avionics appoints Director of Contracts
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters