James Clifford has been named director of Engineering for Sabreliner Aviation, a growing, customer-focused provider of flight support for civil and military fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft.
Clifford, who joined the diversified aerospace company March 31, is responsible for Sabreliner Aviation’s overall engineering efforts and will spearhead Sabreliner Aviation’s aircraft renewals program. He brings to Sabreliner Aviation more than 40 years of exemplary operations and engineering leadership in new product development and Federal Aviation Administration certifications while at Kal-Aero, Duncan Aviation, National Flight Services, and Clifford Air Solutions.
Before joining Sabreliner Aviation, Clifford headed the development of multiple Williams turbine engine upgrades. Prior, he was general manger of National Flight Services, of Toledo, Ohio. He also worked for Kal-Aero, a service of Duncan Aviation, for more than 20 years, serving as a director of aircraft services, director of turbine engine services, director of avionics, vice president of product development and executive vice president.
As director of Engineering, he joins a new Sabreliner Aviation team that is committed to quality, on-time delivery and total customer satisfaction. Sabreliner Aviation features ever-expanding capabilities, including major overhauls, re-manufacturing, and highly advanced upgrades.
“Sabreliner Aviation is on a path to create something historic in our industry,” he said. “And I’m excited to work with this re-dedicated team to help engineer a customer-driven future for our civil and military customers. We want to provide real value in today’s challenging and competitive environment, and I believe this team has what it takes to succeed globally.”
“We are excited to have a proven, industry veteran and leader like James join us as we move into the next stage of development on our aircraft renewals program,” said Sabreliner Aviation President Greg Fedele. “We’re making several important positive changes at Sabreliner Aviation – and we look forward to a memorable NBAA convention in November where we’ll be able to tell more about our progress.”
Sabreliner Aviation LLC
The new Sabreliner Aviation is a highly capable flight support center for civil and military fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft. Its ever-expanding capabilities range from basic maintenance and repair to major overhauls, manufacturing, and highly advanced upgrades. A uniquely experienced workforce, deep expertise and ongoing innovation continue to inspire loyalty and trust from a global customer base. For more information, visit the Sabreliner website or call 573.543.2212.
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22