8-Apr-2015 Source: HeliHub.com
Sources in Russia are saying that certification of Mi-38 helicopter should be completed in October 2015. The unnamed source gave Interfax this information last week, adding that the Kazan factory has already started on the first production batch.
Two prototypes (OP-3 and OP-4) are involved in the certification work, of this new helicopter powered by TV7-117 engines from the Russian company Klimov.
Expected performance figures include the following
– Max Take-Off Weight – 15,600 kg
– Max Payload (Cabin) – 6,000 kg
– Max Payload (External) – 7,000 kg
– Range (payload 3,000 kg) – 660km
– Range (payload 5,000 kg) – 420km
– Range with extra tanks (payload 4,200 kg) – 1,200km
John Burcote – HeliHub.com