United Rotorcraft, an Air Methods Division, announced it received an order to configure two Bell 429 helicopters with custom Emergency Medical Services (EMS) interior for the Carolina Air Care program. Both aircraft are scheduled to be completed at United Rotorcraft’s facility in Englewood, Colo.
“United Rotorcraft is both excited and humbled to be part of the Carolina Air Care program because of its long relationship with Air Methods and the Bell 429 airframe” said Frank Graham, United Rotorcraft’s senior director of global sales and marketing. “The Bell 429 is a popular platform for the helicopter EMS industry and we are confident we have made a highly capable interior available to operators around the world.”
The Federal Aviation Authority-approved medical interior includes United Rotorcraft’s aviation specific Roll-On / Fold-Up (ROFU) patient litter that easily loads and secures critically injured patients and neonatal isolettes during transport. Additionally, United Rotorcraft’s EMS interior includes a newly designed next generation machined aluminum floor that features a highly configurable three-seat cabin configuration, dual patient transport capabilities and storage compartments. On board medical systems include a 10 Liter Liquid Oxygen (LOX), integrated compressed air, suction, and tailored mounts to accommodate carry-on medical equipment as well as an abundance of AC power.
About United Rotorcraft
United Rotorcraft, an Air Methods Division, (www.unitedrotorcraft.com) specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. United Rotorcraft offers a full range of completion, paint, and MRO services and products for Emergency Medical Services, Search and Rescue, Law Enforcement, Utility, VIP, and Military operators.
About Air Methods
Air Methods Corporation (www.airmethods.com) is the global leader in air medical transportation. The Air Medical Services Division is the largest provider of air medical transport services in the United States. The Tourism Division is comprised of Sundance Helicopters, Inc. and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, which provide helicopter tours and charter flights in the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon region and Hawaii, respectively. Air Methods’ fleet of owned, leased or maintained aircraft features over 450 helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22