[electronic translation] Helibras is working in partnership with AEL, a proposal for the request (RFP) issued by the Army to provide new weapons for the Fennec helicopter operated by the Force. The company, which is making the modernization of the fleet model at its plant in Itajubá (MG), also developed new skills from the transfer of technology and knowledge seized on that modernization will ensure weapons systems with the latest technology.
The proposal maintains the principle of Helibras and the armed forces to rely on products developed in the country or national support. So AEL, a partner in H-XBR project to H225M items, will be part of the proposal adding their knowledge and experience in developing systems for the military.
“The Helibras Engineering Center has full capacity to develop integrated systems of a typical set of weapons in any way integrated helicopter model, and we can count on support of domestic industry,” says Walter Son, director of the Engineering Center from the company. “In addition, we have the support of AEL in the development and maintenance,” he says.
The AEL Sistemas is a Brazilian company dedicated 30 years to the design, development, manufacture, maintenance and logistical support of military and space electronics.
Helibras already works with the installation of weapons in their aircraft since the 80s The first project was developed for the Navy of Brazil, which asked the company to create a weapon system for their Squirrels. The system, which is still in use and it was adopted by the Army and FAB after its natural evolution, was developed by Brazilian engineers already at that time.
“We also, in 2009, a study for the integration of weapons Axial in the Army Panther helicopters that was very successful. All development occurred in Helibras, with the participation of engineer, pilot and mechanical Army Aviation and shots campaigns were carried out in the Force facilities in Itajubá, “added Walter.
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- 03-Dec-18 HB-ZCM Airbus AS350 Arbedo-Castione, Switzerland
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet