Air Methods Corporation (Nasdaq:AIRM), the global leader in air medical transportation, today announced that Gregg Lundberg has been appointed as president of Blue Hawaiian Helicopters. Lundberg will succeed Blue Hawaiian Helicopters founders David and Patricia Chevalier who are transitioning into advisory roles.
“Gregg is a great addition to the team and we are thrilled to welcome him to Air Methods,” said Aaron Todd, chief executive officer, Air Methods. “He brings a distinguished career in travel and tourism complemented by his understanding of the Hawaiian culture and the local marketplace.”
Gregg brings more than 30 years of travel and tourism operational experience to the Air Methods Tourism Division. Prior to joining Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, Lundberg served as general manager at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa – a Starwood Hotels and Resorts property – where he provided leadership and direction for the 759-room beach front resort in Kaanapali, Maui. His community involvement and local board participation extends to the Maui Police Commission, Maui Visitors Bureau, Maui Hotel & Lodging Association, and Hawaii Visitor & Convention Bureau, to name a few.
Blue Hawaiian, which began operating in 1985, has grown into the largest aerial tour company in Hawaii. Using a fleet of more than 25 aircraft, based across each of the major islands, Blue Hawaiian prides itself on providing the premier air tour experience to well over 200,000 passengers per year.
Air Methods Corporation (www.airmethods.com) is the global leader in air medical transportation. The Air Medical Services Division is the largest provider of air medical transport services in the United States. The United Rotorcraft Division specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. The Tourism Division is comprised of Sundance Helicopters, Inc. and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, which provides helicopter tours and charter flights in the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon region and Hawaii, respectively. Air Methods’ fleet of owned, leased or maintained aircraft features over 450 helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream