On Tuesday, March 3, 2015, HAI regular members attending the association’s annual general membership meeting elected three members to the Board of Directors.
The board provides oversight of and direction for HAI’s work on behalf of members. Its seats are apportioned in relation to the percentage of each type of member represented in the HAI – Regular Member category: commercial, general aviation, and government service.
Two Regular Member – Commercial seats and one Regular Member – General Aviation seat were up for election this year.
Current board member and board treasurer Torbjorn “TC” Corell was reelected to the general aviation seat. Corell is the chief pilot for Southern California Edison, a utility company that provides electricity to approximately 14 million people in southern California.
Lynn Malmstrom, current member and assistant treasurer, was reelected to one of the two commercial seats. Malmstrom is the chief executive officer of California Shock Trauma Air Rescue (CALSTAR), a nonprofit helicopter air ambulance service serving the state of California and northern Nevada.
Jan Becker won the other commercial seat. Her election was confirmed following a tie between Becker and fellow candidate Tim Pickering. It was only the second time in HAI’s history — but the second year in a row — that one of the seats had to be decided by a runoff election.
Becker will be the first international and first female board member in many years. Based in Mudjimba, Queensland, Australia, she is the CEO of the largest helicopter flight school in the southern hemisphere. The company also provides a range of utility and commercial services.
The newly elected board members will take their seats on July 1, 2015, at which time current vice chairman Max Lyons of Hillsboro Aviation will assume the chairman’s seat.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines