On Tuesday, March 3, 2015, HAI regular members attending the association’s annual general membership meeting elected three members to the Board of Directors.
The board provides oversight of and direction for HAI’s work on behalf of members. Its seats are apportioned in relation to the percentage of each type of member represented in the HAI – Regular Member category: commercial, general aviation, and government service.
Two Regular Member – Commercial seats and one Regular Member – General Aviation seat were up for election this year.
Current board member and board treasurer Torbjorn “TC” Corell was reelected to the general aviation seat. Corell is the chief pilot for Southern California Edison, a utility company that provides electricity to approximately 14 million people in southern California.
Lynn Malmstrom, current member and assistant treasurer, was reelected to one of the two commercial seats. Malmstrom is the chief executive officer of California Shock Trauma Air Rescue (CALSTAR), a nonprofit helicopter air ambulance service serving the state of California and northern Nevada.
Jan Becker won the other commercial seat. Her election was confirmed following a tie between Becker and fellow candidate Tim Pickering. It was only the second time in HAI’s history — but the second year in a row — that one of the seats had to be decided by a runoff election.
Becker will be the first international and first female board member in many years. Based in Mudjimba, Queensland, Australia, she is the CEO of the largest helicopter flight school in the southern hemisphere. The company also provides a range of utility and commercial services.
The newly elected board members will take their seats on July 1, 2015, at which time current vice chairman Max Lyons of Hillsboro Aviation will assume the chairman’s seat.
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight