AHS International Chair of the Board Ed Birtwell, General Manager and VP of Turboshaft Engines at GE Aviation, today announced the results of the general elections for the AHS Board of Directors.
The 2015-2016 Executive Committee members, beginning their one-year term on July 1, are as follows:
- Mick Maurer, previously the President of AHS International, is the incoming Chair of the Board of AHS International. Maurer is the Senior Vice President for Strategic Projects, United Technologies Corp.
- Leanne Caret, previously the Secretary/Treasurer of the Board, is the incoming President of AHS. Caret is President of Boeing Global Services & Support, The Boeing Company.
- Jean-Brice Dumont is the incoming Secretary/Treasurer. Dumont is the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and Executive Vice President (EVP) for Engineering, Airbus Helicopters. He was appointed to his position by the current Executive Committee, after the elected individual was unable to serve his term.
- Dr. David Peters, Professor & Director of Graduate Studies and the McDonnell Douglas Professor of Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri is serving his second year as the AHS International Technical Director.
Half of the Society’s ten regions around the world held elections this year; the other five held elections last year. The following AHS members were elected to the Board as regional representatives for two year terms beginning on July 1:
- Asia / Australia Vice-President: Dr. Duck-Joo Lee, Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology (New to Board)
- Asia / Australia Director: Dr. Arvind Sinha, Australian Defence Materiel Organisation (New Board Position)
- Europe / Africa Vice-President: Jean-Brice Dumont, Airbus Helicopters (Re-Elected)
- Europe / Africa Director: Dr. Klausdieter Pahlke, DLR, The German Aerospace Center (New to Board)
- US Midwest Vice-President: Dr. Dale Pitt, The Boeing Company (Re-Elected)
- US Midwest Director: Prof. David Peters, Washington University in St. Louis (Re-Elected)
- US Northeast Vice-President: Bill Welsh, Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. (Re-Elected)
- US Northeast Director: Mark Miller, Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. (Re-Elected)
- US Southern Vice-President: Keith Darrow, US Army Aviation Engineering Directorate (Re-Elected)
- US Southern Director: Dr. Robert King, US Army Aviation and Missile Research Development and Engineering Center (Re-Elected)
AHS International was founded in 1943 as the American Helicopter Society. Today, AHS International – The Vertical Flight Technical Society – has 6,500 members in more than 40 countries and is the world’s leading technical society dedicated to the advancement of vertical flight technology and its applications. Information on our current Board of Directors is available on the Society’s website at www.vtol.org/board.