Blue Hawaiian Helicopters (www.bluehawaiian.com) announces the placement of its newest Airbus EC130 T2 “Eco-Star” into service, making it the eighth EC130 T2 to enter operation with Blue Hawaiian in the past two years. To date, Blue Hawaiian’s fleet total is 14 EC130s, eight EC130T2s and five AS350B2s.
Blue Hawaiian owns Hawaii’s largest fleet of helicopters, which includes the largest fleet of T2s, the latest generation of the Airbus EC130 model. The new model incorporates an active vibration control system, improved climate control and a new Turbomeca Arriel 2D engine that provides increased power with lower fuel consumption. Updated safety features include the new Garmin 500 with synthetic vision to provide enhanced situational awareness for the pilot.
Gregg Lundberg, president of Blue Hawaiian, said, “We’re continuing to upgrade the Blue Hawaiian fleet in order to offer our guests the world’s finest aerial experiences. Our commitment to next-generation ‘quiet technology’ aircraft began when we were the worldwide launch customer for the EC130; the T2 advances the features that make the ‘Eco-Star’ the ultimate touring helicopter for Hawaii’s delicate environment.”
Blue Hawaiian Helicopters recently joined Sundance Helicopters in Las Vegas, Nev., as part of the Air Methods Tourism Division—both designated as subsidiaries to Air Methods—making it the largest provider of helicopter tours in the world. For more information on Blue Hawaiian, please contact (800) 745-BLUE or go to www.BlueHawaiian.com. Follow Blue Hawaiian Helicopters on Facebook or on Twitter @bluehawaiianheli.
About Blue Hawaiian Helicopters According to National Geographic, Blue Hawaiian is “Hawaii’s premier helicopter tour company.” Frommer’s Guide to Hawaii has given Blue Hawaiian its rare “Recommended” rating every year since 1996, and calls Blue, “The Cadillac of helicopter tour companies.” Every year since 1998, Blue Hawaiian’s maintenance technicians have earned the FAA’s coveted “Diamond Certificate of Excellence,” which no other helicopter tour company in Hawaii has earned even once. Blue Hawaiian has been Hawaii’s air-tour leader since its founding in 1985. For information and reservations call (800) 745-BLUE or visit www.BlueHawaiian.com.
About Air Methods Corporation (www.airmethods.com) Air Methods is the global leader in air medical transportation. The Air Medical Services Division is the largest provider of air medical transport services in the United States. The United Rotorcraft Division specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology including aircraft completion services. The Tourism Division is comprised of Sundance Helicopters, Inc. and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, which provide helicopter tours and charter flights in the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon region and Hawaii, respectively. Air Methods’ fleet of owned, leased or maintained aircraft features over 450 helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft.
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit