CybAero and AVIC signed a framework agreement that entails AVIC purchasing at least 70 helicopter systems over the next eight years, giving the agreement a sales value of approximately SEK 700–800 million. AVIC placed a call-off order for the first five systems under the agreement on March 31 this year. AVIC is now targeting additional clients by conducting new demonstration flights at various locations in China.
“We are very pleased for this opportunity to show our system to new potential clients with AVIC,” says Mikael Hult, CEO of CybAero.
For three days CybAero’s flight team conducted several flights in Hainan with AVIC and ACC. A long flight was conducted on April 27 for around 70 specially invited representatives from the Chinese Fisheries Agency, the China Maritime Police, the China Maritime Safety Administration, and shipyards. One purpose of the demonstration was to show how the helicopters can identify boats and ships by producing video documentation of their registration numbers and positions. Six CybAero employees were on site during Monday’s demonstration flights. The flights included various types of operations where the helicopters were really put to the test.
“It was an extremely significant demonstration of our helicopter system and the flights went perfectly,” says Mikael Hult.
CybAero is in a delivery phase for advanced systems to China Customs under an order the company received in January 2014.
“We have identified some minor problems during the ongoing testing period for the system which impact the system’s functioning. These problems have now been identified and corrected, but we have decided to further extend the testing period so that we can ensure the functionality of the system . It goes without saying that we strive to deliver the highest quality to our clients,” Mikael Hult concludes.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation