CybAero and AVIC signed a framework agreement that entails AVIC purchasing at least 70 helicopter systems over the next eight years, giving the agreement a sales value of approximately SEK 700–800 million. AVIC placed a call-off order for the first five systems under the agreement on March 31 this year. AVIC is now targeting additional clients by conducting new demonstration flights at various locations in China.
“We are very pleased for this opportunity to show our system to new potential clients with AVIC,” says Mikael Hult, CEO of CybAero.
For three days CybAero’s flight team conducted several flights in Hainan with AVIC and ACC. A long flight was conducted on April 27 for around 70 specially invited representatives from the Chinese Fisheries Agency, the China Maritime Police, the China Maritime Safety Administration, and shipyards. One purpose of the demonstration was to show how the helicopters can identify boats and ships by producing video documentation of their registration numbers and positions. Six CybAero employees were on site during Monday’s demonstration flights. The flights included various types of operations where the helicopters were really put to the test.
“It was an extremely significant demonstration of our helicopter system and the flights went perfectly,” says Mikael Hult.
CybAero is in a delivery phase for advanced systems to China Customs under an order the company received in January 2014.
“We have identified some minor problems during the ongoing testing period for the system which impact the system’s functioning. These problems have now been identified and corrected, but we have decided to further extend the testing period so that we can ensure the functionality of the system . It goes without saying that we strive to deliver the highest quality to our clients,” Mikael Hult concludes.
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- HeloAir appoints new Chief Pilot
- Bell teams with Sumitomo Corp and Japan Airlines to explore Air Mobility
- Airbus Helicopters replaces Keycopter platform with AirbusWorld
- Austrian innovation extends Airbus Helicopters product range
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips