Vector Aerospace UK a leading provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, can announce that one of its apprentices has been presented with a prestigious Silver Star at the EEF Future Manufacturing Awards.
James Clement, aged 23, who lives in Havant, was among just three other contestants to achieve this recognition. James secured his place in the final after winning the South East Regional award in February.
The EEF Future Manufacturing Awards are the most established and respected regional and national recognitions of manufacturing success. The Awards are open to all UK manufacturers, businesses operating within the supply chain and apprentices.
Held last week at the Connaught Rooms, the EEF London Evening Gala brought together over a thousand of Britain’s top industrialists to celebrate the very best in British manufacturing and reward major contributions to the sector.
James is engaged in a three year apprenticeship at Vector Aerospace’s Fleetlands site at Gosport. He completed the scheme in 2014 working in Engine Services. Vector supports a broad portfolio of military and civil engines from such leading manufacturers as Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney and Rolls-Royce. The company has a long established apprenticeship scheme and will be taking on at least six new apprentices this year.
Commenting on his success, James said, “This acknowledgement is a real highpoint after winning the regional award earlier this year. I just hope that my success encourages other local young people to think seriously about becoming an apprentice.”
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019