Vector Aerospace UK a leading provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, can announce that one of its apprentices has been presented with a prestigious Silver Star at the EEF Future Manufacturing Awards.
James Clement, aged 23, who lives in Havant, was among just three other contestants to achieve this recognition. James secured his place in the final after winning the South East Regional award in February.
The EEF Future Manufacturing Awards are the most established and respected regional and national recognitions of manufacturing success. The Awards are open to all UK manufacturers, businesses operating within the supply chain and apprentices.
Held last week at the Connaught Rooms, the EEF London Evening Gala brought together over a thousand of Britain’s top industrialists to celebrate the very best in British manufacturing and reward major contributions to the sector.
James is engaged in a three year apprenticeship at Vector Aerospace’s Fleetlands site at Gosport. He completed the scheme in 2014 working in Engine Services. Vector supports a broad portfolio of military and civil engines from such leading manufacturers as Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney and Rolls-Royce. The company has a long established apprenticeship scheme and will be taking on at least six new apprentices this year.
Commenting on his success, James said, “This acknowledgement is a real highpoint after winning the regional award earlier this year. I just hope that my success encourages other local young people to think seriously about becoming an apprentice.”
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue