Vector Aerospace UK a leading provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, can announce that one of its apprentices has been presented with a prestigious Silver Star at the EEF Future Manufacturing Awards.
James Clement, aged 23, who lives in Havant, was among just three other contestants to achieve this recognition. James secured his place in the final after winning the South East Regional award in February.
The EEF Future Manufacturing Awards are the most established and respected regional and national recognitions of manufacturing success. The Awards are open to all UK manufacturers, businesses operating within the supply chain and apprentices.
Held last week at the Connaught Rooms, the EEF London Evening Gala brought together over a thousand of Britain’s top industrialists to celebrate the very best in British manufacturing and reward major contributions to the sector.
James is engaged in a three year apprenticeship at Vector Aerospace’s Fleetlands site at Gosport. He completed the scheme in 2014 working in Engine Services. Vector supports a broad portfolio of military and civil engines from such leading manufacturers as Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney and Rolls-Royce. The company has a long established apprenticeship scheme and will be taking on at least six new apprentices this year.
Commenting on his success, James said, “This acknowledgement is a real highpoint after winning the regional award earlier this year. I just hope that my success encourages other local young people to think seriously about becoming an apprentice.”
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL