Vector Aerospace UK a leading provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, can announce that one of its apprentices has been presented with a prestigious Silver Star at the EEF Future Manufacturing Awards.
James Clement, aged 23, who lives in Havant, was among just three other contestants to achieve this recognition. James secured his place in the final after winning the South East Regional award in February.
The EEF Future Manufacturing Awards are the most established and respected regional and national recognitions of manufacturing success. The Awards are open to all UK manufacturers, businesses operating within the supply chain and apprentices.
Held last week at the Connaught Rooms, the EEF London Evening Gala brought together over a thousand of Britain’s top industrialists to celebrate the very best in British manufacturing and reward major contributions to the sector.
James is engaged in a three year apprenticeship at Vector Aerospace’s Fleetlands site at Gosport. He completed the scheme in 2014 working in Engine Services. Vector supports a broad portfolio of military and civil engines from such leading manufacturers as Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney and Rolls-Royce. The company has a long established apprenticeship scheme and will be taking on at least six new apprentices this year.
Commenting on his success, James said, “This acknowledgement is a real highpoint after winning the regional award earlier this year. I just hope that my success encourages other local young people to think seriously about becoming an apprentice.”
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet