We are pleased to announce the commissioning into service of the first two CH-47F Chinook ‘Foxtrot’ helicopters.
This Project, which represents an investment of $631 million in Australia’s safety and security, will deliver seven Chinook Foxtrots and two flight simulators, with all major equipment deliveries scheduled for completion by August 2015.
These helicopters, which will be operated by Army’s 5th Aviation Regiment from the RAAF Base at Townsville, will provide a modern and improved cargo helicopter capability for the Army.
In addition to this investment, following Parliamentary approval last year, $49.8 million will be invested to support the introduction and sustainment of the new Chinook. Construction at RAAF Base Townsville is scheduled for completion in mid 2017. This project will provide strong economic benefit to the local community, with opportunities for up to 800 construction industry personnel.
Both simulators ordered under this project have already been delivered and are now being used for Army’s Chinook crews to safely undertake a wide range of training scenarios in support of the capability.
The outgoing Delta-model Chinooks have proven themselves as the Army’s operational ‘workhorse’ and the new Foxtrots will further enhance this capability for the Australian Defence Force.
The aircraft and associated equipment are being purchased through the United States Foreign Military Sales program; maintenance support will be provided locally through partnerships with Boeing Defence Australia and BAE Systems.
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter
- Albuquerque Police get public complaints from increase helicopter use
- Italian Army retires AB205 after 51 years service
- PNG LNG adds H145 for Papua New Guinea operations
- EBAA to Send Young Leaders to One Young World Global Youth Summit
- UPMC Mercy Unveils New Rooftop Helipad
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Ansat to a client in Europe
- Asia Pacific Aerospace Extends its T700 MRO Provider Agreement with GE Aviation
- Spectrum Aeromed Brings On New VP of Operations
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connect
- NHC Northern Helicopter takes over offshore air rescue for the RWE Amrumbank wind farm
- Rush Health Systems now providing PHI Air Medical with blood products