MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announced today a new contract to manufacture and deliver a custom-configured MD 530F helicopter for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Aviation Unit. Acquisition of the MD 530F, the preferred helicopter for airborne law enforcement missions in hot and high environments, was approved by Metro’s Fiscal Affairs Committee on April 27.
“The relationship between Las Vegas Metro Police and MD Helicopters dates back to the earliest days of the LVMP Air Support Unit,” said Craig Kitchen, Chief Commercial Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “The unit began operations with a Hughes 300B in 1969, and we couldn’t be more proud, or more honored, to continue to support this decades-long partnership with this new aircraft.”
Configured to mirror the capabilities of the rest of Las Vegas Metropolitan’s MD 530F fleet, the new helicopter will feature a 650shp Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine, extended tail boom and longer main-rotor blades, and will be equipped with a complete Garmin suite, including the latest G500H glass cockpit, GTS800 Traffic Avoidance System and GTN 650 to support navigation, communications and safe flight operations. Collectively, the MD 530F fleet increases operational capabilities, enabling greater mission versatility and performance.
“The MD 530F helicopter has proven to be a very good platform for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department’s Air Support Unit,” said Jack Clements, Lieutenant, Air Support/Search and Rescue for Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. “The new helicopter will allow us to provide that critical eye in the sky platform to assist the men and women of the LVMPD in achieving our vision of being the safest community in America.”
The new MD 530F will join the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department in October 2015.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military, law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer, and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E, MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR® system for anti-torque control with no tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area access capability. For more information about MDHI, visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™