MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announced today a new contract to manufacture and deliver a custom-configured MD 530F helicopter for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Aviation Unit. Acquisition of the MD 530F, the preferred helicopter for airborne law enforcement missions in hot and high environments, was approved by Metro’s Fiscal Affairs Committee on April 27.
“The relationship between Las Vegas Metro Police and MD Helicopters dates back to the earliest days of the LVMP Air Support Unit,” said Craig Kitchen, Chief Commercial Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “The unit began operations with a Hughes 300B in 1969, and we couldn’t be more proud, or more honored, to continue to support this decades-long partnership with this new aircraft.”
Configured to mirror the capabilities of the rest of Las Vegas Metropolitan’s MD 530F fleet, the new helicopter will feature a 650shp Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine, extended tail boom and longer main-rotor blades, and will be equipped with a complete Garmin suite, including the latest G500H glass cockpit, GTS800 Traffic Avoidance System and GTN 650 to support navigation, communications and safe flight operations. Collectively, the MD 530F fleet increases operational capabilities, enabling greater mission versatility and performance.
“The MD 530F helicopter has proven to be a very good platform for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department’s Air Support Unit,” said Jack Clements, Lieutenant, Air Support/Search and Rescue for Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. “The new helicopter will allow us to provide that critical eye in the sky platform to assist the men and women of the LVMPD in achieving our vision of being the safest community in America.”
The new MD 530F will join the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department in October 2015.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military, law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer, and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E, MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR® system for anti-torque control with no tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area access capability. For more information about MDHI, visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring