MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announced today a new contract to manufacture and deliver a custom-configured MD 530F helicopter for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Aviation Unit. Acquisition of the MD 530F, the preferred helicopter for airborne law enforcement missions in hot and high environments, was approved by Metro’s Fiscal Affairs Committee on April 27.
“The relationship between Las Vegas Metro Police and MD Helicopters dates back to the earliest days of the LVMP Air Support Unit,” said Craig Kitchen, Chief Commercial Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “The unit began operations with a Hughes 300B in 1969, and we couldn’t be more proud, or more honored, to continue to support this decades-long partnership with this new aircraft.”
Configured to mirror the capabilities of the rest of Las Vegas Metropolitan’s MD 530F fleet, the new helicopter will feature a 650shp Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine, extended tail boom and longer main-rotor blades, and will be equipped with a complete Garmin suite, including the latest G500H glass cockpit, GTS800 Traffic Avoidance System and GTN 650 to support navigation, communications and safe flight operations. Collectively, the MD 530F fleet increases operational capabilities, enabling greater mission versatility and performance.
“The MD 530F helicopter has proven to be a very good platform for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department’s Air Support Unit,” said Jack Clements, Lieutenant, Air Support/Search and Rescue for Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. “The new helicopter will allow us to provide that critical eye in the sky platform to assist the men and women of the LVMPD in achieving our vision of being the safest community in America.”
The new MD 530F will join the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department in October 2015.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military, law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer, and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E, MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR® system for anti-torque control with no tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area access capability. For more information about MDHI, visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation