Vector Aerospace’s world leading position for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) of the Lynx military helicopter has been further underlined by a programme conducted at the company’s Fleetlands facility in Gosport, Hampshire and the Portuguese Navy Squadron based in Lisbon.
The initial project involved one of the Portuguese Mk.95 Lynx, being inducted into Fleetlands for structural repairs together with significant rectification of the fuel systems, flying controls, electrical looms, engine doors, cabin doors and a complete refinish of the airframe. In order to meet the Portuguese Navy’s deadline, Vector completed the work by deploying a team of three mechanics and an electrician to Lisbon.
While on-site, the Vector team also carried out rectification work which enabled another Lynx to be returned to service. The Portuguese Navy reports that overall they are very impressed with the level of support provided to the project and that the route for future opportunities is opened.
As recently reported in November 2014, Vector also secured the agreement of a long-term contract to provide structural maintenance and technical support for the French Navy’s Lynx Mk.4 helicopter fleet. Fleetlands has the only main build/repair jig for this aircraft type in the world, making Vector the leading supplier of deep structural repairs on the Lynx platform.
Vector Aerospace UK Managing Director Michael Tyrrell said, “This project is another significant step in our expansion into world markets for rotary wing MRO.”
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore, Vector Aerospace serves commercial and military customers in supporting gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector Aerospace’s 2,700 employees act with integrity in setting the standard of customer service.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky, its capabilities including major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, and offers full-service avionics capability, including aircraft rewiring, mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades
More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways