Vector Aerospace’s world leading position for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) of the Lynx military helicopter has been further underlined by a programme conducted at the company’s Fleetlands facility in Gosport, Hampshire and the Portuguese Navy Squadron based in Lisbon.
The initial project involved one of the Portuguese Mk.95 Lynx, being inducted into Fleetlands for structural repairs together with significant rectification of the fuel systems, flying controls, electrical looms, engine doors, cabin doors and a complete refinish of the airframe. In order to meet the Portuguese Navy’s deadline, Vector completed the work by deploying a team of three mechanics and an electrician to Lisbon.
While on-site, the Vector team also carried out rectification work which enabled another Lynx to be returned to service. The Portuguese Navy reports that overall they are very impressed with the level of support provided to the project and that the route for future opportunities is opened.
As recently reported in November 2014, Vector also secured the agreement of a long-term contract to provide structural maintenance and technical support for the French Navy’s Lynx Mk.4 helicopter fleet. Fleetlands has the only main build/repair jig for this aircraft type in the world, making Vector the leading supplier of deep structural repairs on the Lynx platform.
Vector Aerospace UK Managing Director Michael Tyrrell said, “This project is another significant step in our expansion into world markets for rotary wing MRO.”
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore, Vector Aerospace serves commercial and military customers in supporting gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector Aerospace’s 2,700 employees act with integrity in setting the standard of customer service.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Powerplants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky, its capabilities including major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, and offers full-service avionics capability, including aircraft rewiring, mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades
More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL