HAI’s Harold Summers, director of flight operations and technical services, was in Chicago last week to help celebrate the opening of Chicago’s only downtown heliport — Vertiport Chicago.
“Urban heliports have been under tremendous pressure in recent years, despite the business and transportation benefits they provide,” said Summers. “So the opening of heliports like this one or the new DeSoto Heliport just outside Dallas that opened last August are reason to celebrate.”
HAI member Helimotion has been selected as the preferred provider for VIP charter services at the new facility.
Vertiport Chicago is a private, prior-permission-required landing facility located approximately 10 minutes from downtown Chicago, according to the facility’s managers. It is located approximately halfway between O’Hare and Midway airports, and outside of the surface-level airspace of each. So in good weather, pilots should be able to fly in under visual flight rules without talking to air traffic controllers — as long as they remain below 1,900’ MSL. On arrival, they’ll find a single landing pad with eight adjacent parking spots.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock