HAI’s Harold Summers, director of flight operations and technical services, was in Chicago last week to help celebrate the opening of Chicago’s only downtown heliport — Vertiport Chicago.
“Urban heliports have been under tremendous pressure in recent years, despite the business and transportation benefits they provide,” said Summers. “So the opening of heliports like this one or the new DeSoto Heliport just outside Dallas that opened last August are reason to celebrate.”
HAI member Helimotion has been selected as the preferred provider for VIP charter services at the new facility.
Vertiport Chicago is a private, prior-permission-required landing facility located approximately 10 minutes from downtown Chicago, according to the facility’s managers. It is located approximately halfway between O’Hare and Midway airports, and outside of the surface-level airspace of each. So in good weather, pilots should be able to fly in under visual flight rules without talking to air traffic controllers — as long as they remain below 1,900’ MSL. On arrival, they’ll find a single landing pad with eight adjacent parking spots.
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Schiebel demostrates comint and imaging payloads of S-100 Camcopter®
- CHC Announces New Contract with OMV
- California Army National Guard newest helicopters
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities
- Uttah Pradesh Government launches four new tourist heli flights
- Sri Lankan Air Force carry out first aerial seeding operation
- India approves Donaldson IBFs in AW139 and H130
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA