HAI’s Harold Summers, director of flight operations and technical services, was in Chicago last week to help celebrate the opening of Chicago’s only downtown heliport — Vertiport Chicago.
“Urban heliports have been under tremendous pressure in recent years, despite the business and transportation benefits they provide,” said Summers. “So the opening of heliports like this one or the new DeSoto Heliport just outside Dallas that opened last August are reason to celebrate.”
HAI member Helimotion has been selected as the preferred provider for VIP charter services at the new facility.
Vertiport Chicago is a private, prior-permission-required landing facility located approximately 10 minutes from downtown Chicago, according to the facility’s managers. It is located approximately halfway between O’Hare and Midway airports, and outside of the surface-level airspace of each. So in good weather, pilots should be able to fly in under visual flight rules without talking to air traffic controllers — as long as they remain below 1,900’ MSL. On arrival, they’ll find a single landing pad with eight adjacent parking spots.
- Boeing Awarded $13M Contract for Qatar Armed Forces AH-64E Support
- Leonardo opens a new facility in Pisa
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 17-Feb-19 ZK- Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years
- Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results
- Bell 407GXI certified in China
- India looking for 111 Naval Utility Helicopters
- FreeFlight Systems announces Sapphire Elite recognition program
- Contracts signed for air medical evacuation services in Europe and Africa
- Service center ODK-Klimov and UTair-Engineering helped Sanaviatsii
- Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal implements new Kathmandu heli-lanes
- Coptersafety provides update on H125 simulator
- USHST Sees Safety Benefits of Integrating UAS and OPA Technology into Helicopter Operations
- Universal Avionics to present innovative flight deck solutions at Heli-Expo
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2019
- DART’s H135 Crosstubes get approvals
- Heli-Union commences contract in French Guyana with two AS365Ns
- Raytheon Awarded $15M Contract for CV-22 Software Delivery