Mecaer Aviation Group (MAG) announced it has been awarded the highly anticipated EASA STC for the Bell 429 MAGnificent luxury interior.
MAG achieved the STC for the MAGnificent ahead of schedule and installation was completed on time in the very first Bell 429 at the Bell Helicopter Prague facility. The Bell 429 Demonstrator will be unveiled this week at EBACE in Geneva, Switzerland inside Bell Helicopter’s booth.
The STC marks a 100 percent in-house solution by MAG. The interior was designed by Mecaer’s own MAG Design Studio in Rome Italy, engineered and certified by MAG’s own EASA DOA, manufactured at MAG’s Cabin Comfort Systems headquarters in central Italy and installed by MAG crews in Prague, Czech Republic.
The interior includes two of MAG’s proprietary technologies. The SILENS (noise canceling system) has successfully reduced the cabin noise to a level where normal conversation can be conducted between passengers without headsets and the IFEEL (In-Flight Entertainment) provides passengers with moving jet maps, audio and video entertainment along with internal Wi-Fi interface to your smart device.
“Achieving this goal within 9-months of our application to EASA is no small accomplishment.” said Armando Sassoli, Co-General Manager of Mecaer Aviation Group. “It was only made possible by the competence, focus and dedication of both Mecaer and Bell Helicopter teams who have been working on the program.” Sassoli continued.
About Mecaer Aviation Group
With facilities across Italy, Canada and the United States, MAG offers Integrated Systems, such as flight controls, landing gear & actuation systems as well as cabin comfort systems, for Helicopters, General Aviation & Business Aircraft, and Basic Trainers. Capabilities include the development, manufacture, qualification and certification,noise & vibration abatement, together with completion, modification, and MRO services.
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets