Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announced today the sale of the first Bell 407GXP in Europe. Istanbul based, Saran Aviation’s new aircraft will be outfitted to perform corporate and VIP transport in the region.
“We are thrilled to be the first customer in Europe to purchase a Bell 407GXP and spearhead the region with some of the most advanced technology on the market” said Onur Sakallioglu, sales director of Saran Aviation. “This aircraft will provide us effective transport in the environments we often experience around Istanbul, Turkey.”
This year at Heli-Expo 2015 in Orlando, Fla (FL), Bell Helicopter introduced the new Bell 407GXP. The new aircraft incorporates the reliability and advanced technology of the Bell 407GX platform, and introduces performance improvement, payload increase and pilot workload reduction.
“The corporate and VIP market segment is our overall largest mission type operated by our European customers,” said Jakub Hoda, vice president and managing director of European sales. “We are constantly communicating with those customers to find out what they are looking for in an aircraft, and are already seeing a strong demand for the upgraded Bell 407GXP platform in Europe.”
Derived from the Bell 407GX platform, the Bell 407GXP has an additional 50 lbs (22.5 kg) of payload capability, coupled with the new M250 Rolls-Royce engine that improves performance and fuel efficiency delivering class leading hot and high performance. The aircraft is also equipped with new avionics features such as a hover performance calculator improvement, as well as a transmission TBO extension of +500 hours that will lower maintenance costs.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145