Sherwin-Williams Aerospace Coatings announced that its SKYscapes® Basecoat-Clearcoat Polyurethane Enamel has been added to the QPL (Qualified Products List) for Bell Helicopter’s Procurement Specification 299-947-117 – Polyurethane Enamels – for potential use on its Bell 525 Relentless commercial aircraft.
SKYscapes® basecoat-clearcoat provides superior appearance and durability and its latest, patented technology is AMS 3095 certified. This complete paint system cures at ambient temperature in half the time of other single-stage aerospace coatings systems.
Designed to meet demanding aviation market needs, this innovative coating system provides brighter, better hiding colors than traditional paint systems and its superior technology can actually cut as much as 30 percent from OEM paint process time.
“We are proud to be added to Bell Helicopter’s Product Specification QPL list,” said Chip Mullins, Global Sales Manager of Sherwin-Williams Aerospace Coatings. “Having worked with Textron on other programs, we understand the quality and durability their upscale products demand, and look forward to providing and servicing them with the best aircraft finishes available.”
Meeting the highest in OEM standards and qualifications, Sherwin-Williams provides innovative aerospace coatings designed to give all types of commercial, military and general aviation aircraft longer-lasting coverage with increased durability. This gives aircraft more ‘in-service’ time and allowing for longer periods between paint jobs.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tilt rotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
About Sherwin-Williams Aerospace Coatings
The Sherwin-Williams Company, founded in 1866, is one of the world’s leading companies in the manufacture, distribution and sale of coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial and retail customers. Aerospace Coatings is a business unit of The Sherwin-Williams Company, which manufactures and distributes a complete line of advanced technology paint and coating systems for a variety of commercial, general and military aircraft.
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter