Sherwin-Williams Aerospace Coatings announced that its SKYscapes® Basecoat-Clearcoat Polyurethane Enamel has been added to the QPL (Qualified Products List) for Bell Helicopter’s Procurement Specification 299-947-117 – Polyurethane Enamels – for potential use on its Bell 525 Relentless commercial aircraft.
SKYscapes® basecoat-clearcoat provides superior appearance and durability and its latest, patented technology is AMS 3095 certified. This complete paint system cures at ambient temperature in half the time of other single-stage aerospace coatings systems.
Designed to meet demanding aviation market needs, this innovative coating system provides brighter, better hiding colors than traditional paint systems and its superior technology can actually cut as much as 30 percent from OEM paint process time.
“We are proud to be added to Bell Helicopter’s Product Specification QPL list,” said Chip Mullins, Global Sales Manager of Sherwin-Williams Aerospace Coatings. “Having worked with Textron on other programs, we understand the quality and durability their upscale products demand, and look forward to providing and servicing them with the best aircraft finishes available.”
Meeting the highest in OEM standards and qualifications, Sherwin-Williams provides innovative aerospace coatings designed to give all types of commercial, military and general aviation aircraft longer-lasting coverage with increased durability. This gives aircraft more ‘in-service’ time and allowing for longer periods between paint jobs.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tilt rotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
About Sherwin-Williams Aerospace Coatings
The Sherwin-Williams Company, founded in 1866, is one of the world’s leading companies in the manufacture, distribution and sale of coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial and retail customers. Aerospace Coatings is a business unit of The Sherwin-Williams Company, which manufactures and distributes a complete line of advanced technology paint and coating systems for a variety of commercial, general and military aircraft.
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit