Women in Aviation, International received a $10,000 grant from The UPS Foundation, which drives global corporate citizenship and philanthropic programs for UPS.
The grant will be used toward providing teaching materials for Girls in Aviation Day, an international outreach program planned for Saturday, September 26, 2015. That day, WAI’s nearly 100 chapters around the world will provide learning opportunities and conduct hands-on aviation activities to introduce girls, ages 8 to 16, to the career possibilities in aviation and aerospace.
“One of the exciting projects this grant will fund is a special edition girls’ issue of our membership magazine, Aviation for Women,” says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “We’re calling this magazine Aviation for Girls, and plan to include information about scholarship opportunities, aviation and aerospace colleges and universities, and articles to showcase aviation as an exciting career and lifestyle. Aviation for Girls magazine will be widely distributed to thousands on Girls in Aviation Day and throughout the year at fly-ins and other gatherings.”
Established in 1951 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, The UPS Foundation identifies specific areas where its backing clearly impacts social issues. In support of this strategic approach, The UPS Foundation has identified the following focus areas for giving: volunteerism, diversity, community safety and the environment.
“The UPS Foundation is honored to support Women in Aviation, International’s efforts to attract more girls to an aviation career,” said Eduardo Martinez, President of The UPS Foundation. “Our goal is to provide powerful programs that make a lasting difference in the global community.”
Women in Aviation, International is a nonprofit 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to providing networking, mentoring and scholarship opportunities for women and men who are striving for challenging and fulfilling careers in the aviation and aerospace industries.
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue