Chicago’s premier helicopter tour and transportation company, Chicago Helicopter Experience (CHE), makes history with the opening of the C.H.E. Chicago Heliport. The first ever private heliport in Chicago features the city’s newest tourism experience, providing VIP-level helicopter tours at an unmatched price point.
The current, purpose-built facility, which will be used primarily for tours, maintains an ideal downtown location in the heart of city, close to multiple forms of public transportation. CHE is the only tour operator in Chicago to operate a fleet of the renowned quiet and eco-friendly Airbus EC 130’s — providing passengers with an unparalleled, epic flight experience.
“We’ve created an experience unlike any other, giving guests the chance to see our amazing city from an entirely new perspective,” said CHE Founder and CEO, Trevor Heffernan. “For the first time in Chicago history, helicopters will be accessible in downtown Chicago for both tours and transportation.”
The journey to launching the city’s first and only private heliport has certainly been a pioneering experience for young entrepreneur, Trevor Heffernan. In 2011, Heffernan established CHE for tours, airport shuttles, and charters with operations at Chicago Executive Airport where they flew more than ten thousand passengers. With his sights set on a location in Chicago, Heffernan worked tirelessly for four years to gain approval for a downtown heliport and fill a void in the Chicago market, making Chicago an overnight pioneer in the aviation industry.
“Chicago Helicopter Experience has transformed the way tourists can view the city and they way residents and visitors can commute to and from Chicago every day,” said Heffernan. “In the near future, we will add airport shuttle services, charters, and destination flights to CHE’s breadth of helicopter services.”
The C.H.E. Chicago Heliport will be an excellent addition to Chicago’s thriving tourism industry. The tours have already played a part in helping to reach the city’s goal of bringing in 55 million annual visitors to Chicago by 2020.
About Chicago Helicopter Experience (CHE)
Chicago Helicopter Experience is a local Chicago based helicopter company that provides helicopter tours and transportation. CHE provides a one-of-a-kind experience with unforgettable views of Chicago’s skyline, highlighting the city’s iconic landmarks and rich history. Tours depart during the day, twilight, and evening hours. Our helicopters are equipped with spacious leather seats, floor to ceiling bubble windows, climate controlled cabins, and noise cancelling headsets. All flights take off from the C.H.E. Chicago Heliport located at 2420 S. Halsted, which is easily accessible by car, bus, “L”, or CHE shuttle bus. For tour information and booking, please visit us at www.chetours.com.
- Helijet Announces Results of the Special Meeting
- Bristow Provides Update on Status of SEC Filings
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Alpha Aviation Purchases Anchorage Helicopter Tours
- HeliOffshore Helideck Work Group Reports on Top Five Safety Events
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $7M Contract for V-22 Modification
- Raytheon testing AI to improve CV-22 maintenance planning
- FleckDecks Awarded $17M Contract for V-22 and MV-22 Procurement
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Recognize The Best of Vertical Aviation
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan