Chicago’s premier helicopter tour and transportation company, Chicago Helicopter Experience (CHE), makes history with the opening of the C.H.E. Chicago Heliport. The first ever private heliport in Chicago features the city’s newest tourism experience, providing VIP-level helicopter tours at an unmatched price point.
The current, purpose-built facility, which will be used primarily for tours, maintains an ideal downtown location in the heart of city, close to multiple forms of public transportation. CHE is the only tour operator in Chicago to operate a fleet of the renowned quiet and eco-friendly Airbus EC 130’s — providing passengers with an unparalleled, epic flight experience.
“We’ve created an experience unlike any other, giving guests the chance to see our amazing city from an entirely new perspective,” said CHE Founder and CEO, Trevor Heffernan. “For the first time in Chicago history, helicopters will be accessible in downtown Chicago for both tours and transportation.”
The journey to launching the city’s first and only private heliport has certainly been a pioneering experience for young entrepreneur, Trevor Heffernan. In 2011, Heffernan established CHE for tours, airport shuttles, and charters with operations at Chicago Executive Airport where they flew more than ten thousand passengers. With his sights set on a location in Chicago, Heffernan worked tirelessly for four years to gain approval for a downtown heliport and fill a void in the Chicago market, making Chicago an overnight pioneer in the aviation industry.
“Chicago Helicopter Experience has transformed the way tourists can view the city and they way residents and visitors can commute to and from Chicago every day,” said Heffernan. “In the near future, we will add airport shuttle services, charters, and destination flights to CHE’s breadth of helicopter services.”
The C.H.E. Chicago Heliport will be an excellent addition to Chicago’s thriving tourism industry. The tours have already played a part in helping to reach the city’s goal of bringing in 55 million annual visitors to Chicago by 2020.
About Chicago Helicopter Experience (CHE)
Chicago Helicopter Experience is a local Chicago based helicopter company that provides helicopter tours and transportation. CHE provides a one-of-a-kind experience with unforgettable views of Chicago’s skyline, highlighting the city’s iconic landmarks and rich history. Tours depart during the day, twilight, and evening hours. Our helicopters are equipped with spacious leather seats, floor to ceiling bubble windows, climate controlled cabins, and noise cancelling headsets. All flights take off from the C.H.E. Chicago Heliport located at 2420 S. Halsted, which is easily accessible by car, bus, “L”, or CHE shuttle bus. For tour information and booking, please visit us at www.chetours.com.
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)