Vertiport Chicago (Vertiport), a private, full-service landing facility and fixed base operator (FBO) for helicopters, has elected to distribute Phillips 66® Aviation fuel at its new heliport establishment that opened its doors on April 30. Vertiport is the only heliport located in downtown Chicago that will provide the safest and most secure helicopter transport in the country, fulfilling the city’s distinct need for business, government and private aviation travel.
Located in the Illinois Medical District, Vertiport sits on a 10-acre site with amenities including a 30,000 square foot hangar, a single take-off and landing spot, parking spots for eight vertical take-off and landing aircraft, modern kitchen and future maintenance shop, an executive charter entrance, VIP lounge and conference room and close to 1,000-square feet of office space available for lease.
“We have a very good relationship with Phillips 66 branded FBO DuPage Airport in West Chicago,” said Leah Lenardic, vice president, business development, Vertiport. “Their facility has a long-standing relationship with Phillips 66 Aviation, and we expect the same great service and offerings as we also develop our relationship with Phillips 66.”
In addition to offering charter services and sightseeing tours, Vertiport will facilitate all of the EMS flights for major Chicago-area hospitals. EMS helicopters will be able to land without incurring ramping fees.
It’s estimated that within the next five years, as many as 18,000 flights a year will land at Vertiport.
For more information about Vertiport Chicago, the city’s only downtown heliport, visit www.vertiportchicago.com.
Phillips 66 Aviation is the nation’s largest network of branded aviation dealers. Visit www.phillips66aviation.com for more information.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet