Metro Aviation is a long time supporter of the MedEvac Foundation International and is proud to once again support the foundation’s major fundraising initiative for 2015, the Great American Safety Drive.
Metro is donating one of two cars that will be driven across the country to bring the message of safety to more than 60 different host program locations. Each “safety stop” will feature education focused on technology, training, human factors and safety culture. The goal of the Great American Safety Drive is to promote safety within medical transport programs and their partner organizations, and raise funds earmarked specifically for safety related research projects and educational opportunities.
“Metro Aviation is dedicated to safety and research, which is why we have supported the Association of Air Medical Services and the MedEvac Foundation for so many years,” said Metro President Mike Stanberry. “We are honored to participate in this fundraising initiative and look forward to what this will do for the future of our industry.”
Metro Aviation will kick off the southern route of the drive on June 10th in Shreveport, Louisiana with the theme of “Safety 24/7.” The kickoff event will feature Dr. Tony Kern, the founding partner and CEO of Convergent Performance, and a leading authority on human performance in time constrained, error intolerant environments.
Upon conclusion of the kickoff, the Metro Chevrolet Camaro convertible will travel cross-country before converging with the Air Methods 1969 Pontiac GTO in Long Beach, California at the Air Medical Transport Conference. The cars will be raffled to benefit the MedEvac Foundation International.
For more information about the Metro Aviation Kick Off, visit metrosafetystop.eventbrite.com.
For more information about the Great American Safety Drive, visit medevacfoundation.org.
- China to sanction Lockheed Martin
- Innisfail Health Centre helipad closed for safety improvements
- Newport Helicopter Tours Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- KAI aims to export first Korean-made helicopter to Indonesia
- Air ambulances in Nova Scotia now carry supply of blood
- Melfort Union Hospital helipad goes out to tender
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package to Mexio
- Nigerian Air Force inaugurates helipad for anti-bandit operations
- First Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey delivered to Japan
- Royal Hobart Hospital helipad now open
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package for Colombian National Police
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone