Air Methods recently announced it will sponsor the 2nd Annual Great American Safety Drive – MedEvac Foundation International’s major fundraising initiative for 2015 – commencing in June during National Safety Month.
“Air Methods is proud to say that we have supported the MedEvac Foundation since its inception,” said Howard Ragsdale, senior vice president at Air Methods. “Safety is a strong part of our culture, and the Great American Safety Drive is a unique opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to the cause. In fact, this is the first grassroots safety campaign and fundraiser of its kind, taking the safety message on the road, nationwide.”
Air Methods is donating one of two cars that will be driven across the country to bring the message of safety to more than 60 different host program locations. The philanthropic event is designed specifically to promote a safety culture with stops focused on technology, training and human factors. The MedEvac Foundation’s 2015 fundraising goal is to raise at least $250,000, which will fund safety-related research projects, educational opportunities and outreach initiatives.
Sponsored by Air Methods, the northern route will feature a blue 1969 Pontiac GTO. The drive will kick off on June 6 in Morrison, Colo. at Bandimere Raceway with helicopter air ambulance partners AirLife Denver and Flight For Life Colorado. Guest speakers will include Dr. Wolk, executive director of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and Rick Sherlock, president and chief executive officer of the Association of Air Medical Services and MedEvac Foundation International.
Ragsdale added, “We look forward to visiting our partners and the communities we serve over the next four and a half months.”
Air Methods’ blue Pontiac GTO will unite with Metro Aviation’s red Chevrolet Camaro at the 2015 Air Medical Transport Conference (Oct. 19-21) in Long Beach, Cali. The cars will be raffled to benefit the MedEvac Foundation International.
Founded by the Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS), the MedEvac Foundation International is dedicated to identifying and promoting air medical and critical care transport best practices and improvements worldwide. The Foundation funds research and disseminates safety, patient care, and operational resources throughout the industry via the web, educational presentations, and printed publications.
For additional information, visit the Foundation’s web site at www.medevacfoundation.org.
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services