UK SAR provider Bristow Helicopters have entered into a substantial agreement with AV Group for a series of steel modular buildings that will provide exclusive accommodation and welfare facilities for its new helicopter search and rescue (SAR) team, operating out of Lydd Airport in Kent.
The SAR operation due to launch in July 2015 from Lydd, will employ about 30 crew, engineers and support staff. The airport is undertaking a significant programme of re-development and expansion to accommodate the new service. New facilities include a runway extension and new hangar.
Twelve 9.7m x 3m steel units, have been manufactured by Danzer Limited for sister company the AV Group. They have been fitted out specifically for Bristow Helicopters and will provide support facilities enabling them to carry out missions along the south coast of England from Lydd for at least the next 12 months once the Royal Air Force ceases operations in July.
Danzer’s Dan Holloway says, “This is a unique project and we are delighted to be able to provide some of the facilities required to deliver such an important service. We were selected by Bristow due to our ability to develop cost effective layouts, using our 32×10 OpenSpace modules and cabins, and we designed the configuration which best suited their needs, available space and budget.”
The units have been installed within the main hangar at Lydd Airport. The space will aloow the provision of Avionics and Aircraft workshops, a bonded store, lecture and training rooms, chief pilot, crewman, and engineer’s offices, and welfare facilities including locker rooms, a canteen, toilet and showers.
Bristow is to replace ageing RAF and Royal Navy Sea King helicopters with Sikorsky S-92s and AgustaWestland 189s, with services based in 10 locations around the UK.
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20
- British Helicopter Association announces winner of annual Eric Brown Award
- Longbow awarded $32M contract for spare parts kits for AH-64E
- Garmin announces 2021 Virtual Format Pilot Training Classes
- Babcock starts Total contract from Aberdeen
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- Philippine Coast Guard takes delivery of second H145
- Life Link III Acquires FlightBridgeED
- Study supports EMS use of piloted multicopters
- Helicoper link reopens to Kedarnath pilgrimage site
- Kawasaki puts supercharged H2R engine in a helicopter
- ASU President Announces Retirement
- MD Helicopters Awarded Two Army Contracting Command MD530F Contracts