UK SAR provider Bristow Helicopters have entered into a substantial agreement with AV Group for a series of steel modular buildings that will provide exclusive accommodation and welfare facilities for its new helicopter search and rescue (SAR) team, operating out of Lydd Airport in Kent.
The SAR operation due to launch in July 2015 from Lydd, will employ about 30 crew, engineers and support staff. The airport is undertaking a significant programme of re-development and expansion to accommodate the new service. New facilities include a runway extension and new hangar.
Twelve 9.7m x 3m steel units, have been manufactured by Danzer Limited for sister company the AV Group. They have been fitted out specifically for Bristow Helicopters and will provide support facilities enabling them to carry out missions along the south coast of England from Lydd for at least the next 12 months once the Royal Air Force ceases operations in July.
Danzer’s Dan Holloway says, “This is a unique project and we are delighted to be able to provide some of the facilities required to deliver such an important service. We were selected by Bristow due to our ability to develop cost effective layouts, using our 32×10 OpenSpace modules and cabins, and we designed the configuration which best suited their needs, available space and budget.”
The units have been installed within the main hangar at Lydd Airport. The space will aloow the provision of Avionics and Aircraft workshops, a bonded store, lecture and training rooms, chief pilot, crewman, and engineer’s offices, and welfare facilities including locker rooms, a canteen, toilet and showers.
Bristow is to replace ageing RAF and Royal Navy Sea King helicopters with Sikorsky S-92s and AgustaWestland 189s, with services based in 10 locations around the UK.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™