AgustaWestland announced today that Golden Eagle Aviation has signed a contract for an AW139 intermediate twin helicopter. The aircraft, which is to be delivered later this year, will perform executive/corporate passenger transport missions in key Pakistani urban areas of Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi. The contract was finalized at EBACE in Geneva on May 21st.
This order continues the success of the AW139 across the region for a wide range commercial and public service roles. The addition of an AW139 to Golden Eagle Aviation’s fleet, which already includes an AW109 Power light twin helicopter, will help it expand the range of services it can offer its customers in this growing market.
As the only helicopter in its class to meet all the latest certification standards, the AW139 is proving a popular replacement for older designs in the corporate transport market, where safety, comfort and performance are the foremost considerations.The AW139 delivers best-in-class performance with a maximum cruise speed of 165 knots (306 kph), a range in excess of 500 nm (927 km), endurance of 5 hours and superior hover performance. With its power reserve, the AW139 assures Category “A” (Class 1) superior performance at maximum take-off weight and in hot & high conditions.
With the largest passenger cabin in its class the AW139 can accommodate up to 15 passengers or six to ten passengers in a number of spacious and comfortable executive seating arrangements. A wide range of customer specified optional equipment is available on the AW139 including audio visual equipment, telecommunications and refreshments stowage. The baggage compartment provides 3.4 m3 (120 ft3) of easily accessible storage with access from external doors and also the cabin if required.The AW139’s modern design ensures ease of maintenance and high availability due to reduced numbers of components, easy access to all the main systems by ground technicians, extended life-cycles for critical components and advanced diagnostics technology.
Over 900 AW139 helicopters have been sold to more than 220 customers in over 70 countries worldwide to date. The AW139, as the market leader in its class, is also widely used for offshore transport, passenger transport, law enforcement, SAR/EMS, passenger transport and firefighting services.
The AW139 helicopter is part of AgustaWestland’s family of new generation helicopters that also includes the AW169 and AW189. These helicopters possess the same high-performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach facilitates synergies for operators of these models in areas such as training, maintenance and support.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO