AgustaWestland announced today that Golden Eagle Aviation has signed a contract for an AW139 intermediate twin helicopter. The aircraft, which is to be delivered later this year, will perform executive/corporate passenger transport missions in key Pakistani urban areas of Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi. The contract was finalized at EBACE in Geneva on May 21st.
This order continues the success of the AW139 across the region for a wide range commercial and public service roles. The addition of an AW139 to Golden Eagle Aviation’s fleet, which already includes an AW109 Power light twin helicopter, will help it expand the range of services it can offer its customers in this growing market.
As the only helicopter in its class to meet all the latest certification standards, the AW139 is proving a popular replacement for older designs in the corporate transport market, where safety, comfort and performance are the foremost considerations.The AW139 delivers best-in-class performance with a maximum cruise speed of 165 knots (306 kph), a range in excess of 500 nm (927 km), endurance of 5 hours and superior hover performance. With its power reserve, the AW139 assures Category “A” (Class 1) superior performance at maximum take-off weight and in hot & high conditions.
With the largest passenger cabin in its class the AW139 can accommodate up to 15 passengers or six to ten passengers in a number of spacious and comfortable executive seating arrangements. A wide range of customer specified optional equipment is available on the AW139 including audio visual equipment, telecommunications and refreshments stowage. The baggage compartment provides 3.4 m3 (120 ft3) of easily accessible storage with access from external doors and also the cabin if required.The AW139’s modern design ensures ease of maintenance and high availability due to reduced numbers of components, easy access to all the main systems by ground technicians, extended life-cycles for critical components and advanced diagnostics technology.
Over 900 AW139 helicopters have been sold to more than 220 customers in over 70 countries worldwide to date. The AW139, as the market leader in its class, is also widely used for offshore transport, passenger transport, law enforcement, SAR/EMS, passenger transport and firefighting services.
The AW139 helicopter is part of AgustaWestland’s family of new generation helicopters that also includes the AW169 and AW189. These helicopters possess the same high-performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach facilitates synergies for operators of these models in areas such as training, maintenance and support.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit