AgustaWestland announced today that Golden Eagle Aviation has signed a contract for an AW139 intermediate twin helicopter. The aircraft, which is to be delivered later this year, will perform executive/corporate passenger transport missions in key Pakistani urban areas of Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi. The contract was finalized at EBACE in Geneva on May 21st.
This order continues the success of the AW139 across the region for a wide range commercial and public service roles. The addition of an AW139 to Golden Eagle Aviation’s fleet, which already includes an AW109 Power light twin helicopter, will help it expand the range of services it can offer its customers in this growing market.
As the only helicopter in its class to meet all the latest certification standards, the AW139 is proving a popular replacement for older designs in the corporate transport market, where safety, comfort and performance are the foremost considerations.The AW139 delivers best-in-class performance with a maximum cruise speed of 165 knots (306 kph), a range in excess of 500 nm (927 km), endurance of 5 hours and superior hover performance. With its power reserve, the AW139 assures Category “A” (Class 1) superior performance at maximum take-off weight and in hot & high conditions.
With the largest passenger cabin in its class the AW139 can accommodate up to 15 passengers or six to ten passengers in a number of spacious and comfortable executive seating arrangements. A wide range of customer specified optional equipment is available on the AW139 including audio visual equipment, telecommunications and refreshments stowage. The baggage compartment provides 3.4 m3 (120 ft3) of easily accessible storage with access from external doors and also the cabin if required.The AW139’s modern design ensures ease of maintenance and high availability due to reduced numbers of components, easy access to all the main systems by ground technicians, extended life-cycles for critical components and advanced diagnostics technology.
Over 900 AW139 helicopters have been sold to more than 220 customers in over 70 countries worldwide to date. The AW139, as the market leader in its class, is also widely used for offshore transport, passenger transport, law enforcement, SAR/EMS, passenger transport and firefighting services.
The AW139 helicopter is part of AgustaWestland’s family of new generation helicopters that also includes the AW169 and AW189. These helicopters possess the same high-performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach facilitates synergies for operators of these models in areas such as training, maintenance and support.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center